Finally, room for fish and corals

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Brilliant idea doing the 3 piece stand Matt, another example of a well thought out plan on your part. The pad is a great idea too, I bet a few folks will be using that one down the road. You won't be disappointed with the laminate, I don't know if you remember the laminate in my living room, it has been in place 13 years and has survived more water mishaps than I care to remember, and I bet they have made improvements on it since we put ours in...

Last edited:
That's good to know Joe. I actually didn't even realize that yours was a laminate floor, so that shows the quality of the product that you've got there.

The stand is powder coated. They call it silver dillo. Kind of a funny name for a color. Somebody was definitely drinking when they thought that one up.

You can get the pad at Lowe's in the flooring department. You get about 16 sq. ft. with each package ( 4 - 2'x2' pads), and they run around $16.

Each section gets a piece of hardwood plywood to support anything I'd put under the stand.

TankEquipment001.jpg

TankEquipment002.jpg

I then cut up a piece of abs to fit the stand for a finished look.

TankEquipment005.jpg

TankEquipment006.jpg

Finally I added some quarter round that mathced the floor to hide the mat and plywood.

TankEquipment007.jpg

Got a few things done today.

Anchored down the top sheet of plywood with ss screws and washers (.25"x1.25").

StandPictures001.jpg

StandPictures002.jpg

Put in my l.e.d. mood lighting. Found these at a Vetco Electronics www.vetcosurplus.com for about $7 each. All I had to do was add a 12v dc supply and wire them in series.

StandPictures007.jpg

StandPictures015.jpg

Put the power center under the tank to get a feel for how it would look.

StandPictures014.jpg

All the Tunze Stream power supplies will be kept in here as well.

StandPictures013.jpg

Pulled the light frame off of the tank. Thought it might be heavy, not the case. I would say that it's under a 100 lbs. easily.

StandPictures012.jpg

StandPictures010.jpg

What kind of salt bags have you got down there, matt? Or is that sand?

And where will you have your sump? Forgive me for asking something I'm sure you said already... :rolleyes:

Back