Frag Jackpot!!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ronj

Blue Tang
i called my lfs today..i remebered him telling me that there was a guy that sold sps frags locally..i called the guy, he toild me he would not sell me any corals...he said he would gladly GIVE me some:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ..i drove over(10 min)..he had a 400g tank with tons of sps...i stayed for a few hours talking to him..he gave me asmall cooler full of different frags...i will get some pics after they are acclimated:D

Lucky duck!(LOL) Sounds great Ron! And to think you just drove over 3 hours on the weekend for some other corals.:p I'll keep an eye out for some pics!:)

i called my lfs today..i remebered him telling me that there was a guy that sold sps frags locally..i called the guy, he toild me he would not sell me any corals...he said he would gladly GIVE me some:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ..i drove over(10 min)..he had a 400g tank with tons of sps...i stayed for a few hours talking to him..he gave me asmall cooler full of different frags...i will get some pics after they are acclimated:D

Very cool, thats the type of thing that keeps this hobby going.

Don

wow - that's like my biggest fantasy. Make sure you pay the guy back at some point with something or another.. whether it be frag related, fish, or other.. that is awesome!

here are some pics!!!! one of the acro's was starting to be taken over by green star polyps..i broke off that pic..the guy had GSP's coving rocks the size of 2 basketballs!!!!!!!!!!it wasn't just one rock..it was everywhere...he also had literally hundreds of blue mushrooms!!!! the whole top of the tank was sps though....he had cabbage leathers growing out of the middle of GSP colonies..the frags look like they lost alot of their color just from the drive home..i will get some better pics after they color up,,the first pic is my green slimer..it is kind of blurry!!

Last edited:
here are the rest..i definately plan on helping this guy out if possible..he said he would rather see everyone give frags away and fill up each others' tanks for free , than have everyone sell them for profit....

wow - awesome totally awesome..

hey, let me caution you though about putting them all in the same bucket or space. I did that once and I had biological warfare mess.. Everything was white within a matter of a day.

IMO better safe than sorry - go for the individual baggies if you can.

i had them all in different baggies for the ride home, but i acclimated them in one big bucket..i will run some carbon in the tank just in case

Nice frags Ron!!! They may seem like they lost color to you, but it may just be how they look under a different spectrum of lighting from what you saw them in in his tank:) Very nice pieces!!! Good luck witht them:)

i am glad i did it too!!i was thinking it would just be a few minutes before i got them home, but i ended up there for about an hour and a half after he fragged them..i almost put them all in the ice chest together...just one of these will fill a big portion of the tank when it grows(blue/purple milli stag??) it grows huge branches ..i got a 4-5" peice of that..i also got an orangish with blue tips, really nice!!!i can't wait for the slimer to grow..it is one of my favorites

Last edited:
awsome stuff ron io love that guys attitude in giving u stuff for free thats how it should be let the lfs charge money for there stock when it wouldnt be as good quality as that stuff u got for free because the main thing i here at lfs's is that yeh when u get it home it will colour up better i mean cum on ur the lfs and ur not keeping ur stuff in the best quality possible

ron what size blue hippo tang would be the best to buy i have the option of about any size from 3cm to 12cm

i agree..that is how it should be..i plan to give some away when they are large enough....if everyone would give the frags away, it would help out alot!!!! about the hippo,what size tank is it going in??? also,i got most of mine at small-medium sized

Last edited:
if I ship you some tangs you can ship me some frags! nice score ron!!

Back