Gimmito 450 gal L-shaped display

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

C00DDF6F-84B9-4050-80A6-C1E4E9D9AB1F-5329-00000C09AD96FD95.jpg

A pic of 6 female P. Bimaculatus (common name two or twin spot anthias) from Quality Marine.

Dave,

Funny...I meant once he gets them in QT and they are swimming around, silly..

92B80B62-D119-46DB-B326-F85CA860BF95-5329-00000C41914F214C.jpg

I tried taking a pic with them in the QT, but it didn't look very clear. Here's one I borrowed from Live Aquaria...I hope Kevin doesn't mind. ;) The female is the pink and yellow one and the male is more reddish. Upon doing more research on them, I found out they swim in schools with Square spot anthias in the wild. I might try that or the Bourbonous (Blotchy) anthias.

yeah, i already saw that one...it looks like your fish are more colorful than this pic, so trying to get a true color of the fish...

this works....they look more red, than pink...i like the color scheme...Im going to get another two golden semilarvatus butterflies to make 3 total...but would like another schoal of something small BUT with color...hence all the questions...:)

either anthias or carpetner wrasse, but they tend to jump too much...are anthias jumpers???

this works....they look more red, than pink...i like the color scheme...Im going to get another two golden semilarvatus butterflies to make 3 total...but would like another schoal of something small BUT with color...hence all the questions...:)

either anthias or carpetner wrasse, but they tend to jump too much...are anthias jumpers???

I like butterflies, are the semilarvatus reefsafe ? Techniquely, anthias won't shoal in aquariums our size, but make great dither fish and add color and movement. The colors are as if someone painted them ! Carpenter's wrasse are very similiar to my McCosker's wrasse, the flashing is very cool to watch. The trick is keeping them all from turning male...lol. By the way, both are known to be jumpers.

Jim,

Goldens reef compatibility should be "add with caution". The do feed on sessile inverts in the wild which does include some of the ornamental varities we keep. These are rather hardy butterflies as BFs go; they ship well and normally adapt to food easily.

Jim,

Well, unexpectedly, one of my orange diamond gobies jumped out of my tank!!! had this guy for 2yrs....sorta bummed...
but want to know where you got your tiger goby???

thinking about getting a pair...thx

Back