Gimmito 450 gal L-shaped display

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jim,

wow...purple tang and hippo tang...two tangs that can be ich magnets...make sure you either hypo or copper them while in QT..

Jim,

so why did you change from an iPhone to the Galaxy? do you like the new phone? from what ive seen iPhone takes great pics and videos.

Jim,

wow...purple tang and hippo tang...two tangs that can be ich magnets...make sure you either hypo or copper them while in QT..

Hi Kirk,

I've been very fortunate with the tangs in the main display. I know hippo tangs and powder blue tangs can be ich magnets, so I'm very cautious about adding the hippo tang. The purple tang I have in the main display has been extremely healthy (and the new one looks like a champ). I think good water quality, feedings, compatible tank mates, & of course a large tank go a long way.

Thanks for the advice. :)

Last edited:
Jim,

so why did you change from an iPhone to the Galaxy? do you like the new phone? from what ive seen iPhone takes great pics and videos.

My contract was up and I heard only good things about the Galaxy S3. The phone has a great screen, super fast, expandable memory, free apps, 8 megapixel camera, and as soon as I make another video correctly...a solid video camera. ;-)

Hi Kirk,

I've kept carpets before with pretty good success, plus it came from a well established tank whose owner had it for many years. The other option was a magnifica , but those are harder to keep.

That tank is looking great. I love the fish collection :)

Good idea putting the acrylic box in tank to get everone used to oneanother. Where did you pick that up?

Back