Gimmito 450 gal L-shaped display

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

so have you put that sea sweep in yet. if so how do you like it. i have been looking around to buy a few of them for my big tank. looks like they are not for sell yet.

I've been running them since I took the video and really like it. Ideally, you want to place them on the rear corners of your tank to get the ideal flow IMHO. I talked to Ed at Aquarium Currents, he's waiting for a few parts to be refined before mass production. The main issue is getting the schedule 80 coupling routed out to accommodate the small Tunze box without having to sand the inside by the end user. Although, you can pop open the Tunze box easily with a small screwdriver. I would recommend getting the deluxe version as it will have the same motor as the 1.5" Sea Swirl. I plan on making another video of the Sea Sweep soon, but want to hang another light fixture in the back of the tank to better highlight the Sea Sweep. If you really want one, I would contact Ed directly, I'm sure he can make two of them for you.

057c57ae.jpg

I had Gen make a acrylic stand for me so I could accommodate a Geo 818 calcium reactor on top and Geo kalkwasser reactor on bottom. I'm contemplating trying bio pellets again since I have 30 fish in the main display.

Jim,

30 fish !!!

What else is in there besides the blue face and tangs ?

I also run a octopus bio pellet reactor, UV. I run ozone from time to time

Hey Kirk,

I have so far:

6x Yellow Tang
1x Sailfin Tang
1x Purple Tang
10x Seale Cardinalfish
4x McCosker Wrasse
1x Mystery Wrasse
3x Yellow Assessor
1x Midas Blenny
1x Lawnmower Blenny
1x Tiger Gobie
1x Blueface Angel

I'm looking into picking up a Blue Haddoni Anemone from a buddy and ordering 5 juvenile black ice clownfish.

I'm going to modify the outlet pipe of the reef octopus reactor by adding a nozzle at the end. I'm getting a back siphoning when turning to pump off. I think it will give me better flow also. I've contemplated ozone, but understand it can break down acrylic ?

but understand it can break down acrylic

it can if the acrylic is not thick enough...I am going thru my skimmer and the acrylic in my skimmer is thick enough that I shouldnt have any issues (knock on wood).

I am overdue to change the bulbs in my UV and hoping this increasing my ORP some.

it can if the acrylic is not thick enough...I am going thru my skimmer and the acrylic in my skimmer is thick enough that I shouldnt have any issues (knock on wood).

Another option is to run it through a cheapie skimmer if that's a concern.

I am overdue to change the bulbs in my UV and hoping this increasing my ORP some.

I'm on the fence with the effectiveness of uv in a main display. For killing free floating algae I agree, but for controlling parasites such as cryptocaryan I wouldn't rely on it (+ you would need a huge uv to boot !). Would adding some strategically placed powerheads to break the surface of the water (thus increasing gas exchange) increase orp ?

Been a while since I've popped in here! Still looking good man! Tank of the decade?? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's up Krish ! I have more updates coming up...stay tuned.

Sounds good man! And cool TOTM badge!! This is the first time I've ever seen it. Just goes to show how often I log into RF from a pc! It's usually almost always from tapalk on my phone LOL!

Ha...Ha...you have been away for awhile ! I have to thank Lorrie for the nominating my tank for TOTM. Although, I don't feel its quite there yet, I appreciate the honor.

ah yes....sounds familiar. which is why I only have a RBTA farm and two leathers in my tank....I'm going FOWLR and trying to add as many colorful fish as I can. :) :)

Back