Gimmito 450 gal L-shaped display

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jim, nice looking angels.

I do not know if you have had Potters before or not, but thought you might want to read this article by Bob Fenner, PottersAngel.

I have had the sudden death syndrome affect the only potter I had..so leary to add them again, going with 1-2 flame angels instead..

Thanks for the link Kirk. I've never had a potters before, but the fish all came from a established tank (and have been in there for atleast a few years).

jim,

then should be OK...mine was fine one day and dead the next...after reading this article it explained a lot of things.
:)

Kirk,

I did take one thing in particular from that article. Potter angels do not like cubes, so I moved the angels into the penthouse suite. I also tied some nori on a rock for them to nibble at throughout the day.

Turns out Pinky is a bit suicidal and got stuck in a Tunze powerhead. I'm trying a trick by using a 4" pvc cap for it to adhere to (you can also use a clay pot), hopefully it does the trick.

Loving the title of the vid. No anenome's for me ever again. Been there, done that.

Jim -

I just finished reading through your build here. Congrats on the beautiful tank and thank you for the thorough coverage of the build itself. You've set a high standard for patience and attention to detail. I hope to be building my own big system some time in the next few years and really enjoy reading through threads like this to learn from the what works and doesn't work for others on a build of this scale. I'll be following along to see how it fills in.

Jim -

I just finished reading through your build here. Congrats on the beautiful tank and thank you for the thorough coverage of the build itself. You've set a high standard for patience and attention to detail. I hope to be building my own big system some time in the next few years and really enjoy reading through threads like this to learn from the what works and doesn't work for others on a build of this scale. I'll be following along to see how it fills in.

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Let me know if I can be of any assistance in your dream build !

Back