Here is my 180 gallon build...and it will be a slow one....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks Adam. Yeah I got the temp probe on there and it was a blazing 84.0* in there. I fixed that a couple days ago and all is happy now. Hoping to see nice growth and get some of my zoos in there. ALL the frags you have given us are taking off. The green frog spawn is almost ready to frag again. The pink milli has to new arms growing. The zoos are showing new buds and the trumpet/candycane has 2 new heads.

Thanks. I forgot to mention that I removed the locline "Y" on my closed loop returns and MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE. Amazing flow now. I still wanna get some Tunze streams to hit the back wall, but otherwise great flow.

OK People have been hooking me up like crazy. I purchased a few corals and a lot have been given so that's awesome. Here are some new pics. These are a small bit of the corals right now. There are a few more growing out in the nano tank now. The Anthias is changing to make right now. I just noticed today. I am going to build a lighting rack from aluminum bar and add some T-5 lighting as per Adams suggestion.

Eagle eyes
DSCN1852.jpg

Smurf zits?
DSCN1854.jpg

BRA display tank plating monti
DSCN1856.jpg

Green frogspawn....Still angry at me
DSCN1857.jpg

Green Paly's
DSCN0002.jpg

Favia brain...really growing pretty quick.
DSCN0003.jpg

A pink encrusting something with a P I think.....

DSCN0004.jpg

My sunset Monti!!! Woot.
DSCN0005.jpg

ATL Blood Red Chalice frag...has like 1 eye I hope it pulls through.
DSCN0006.jpg

My ninja Green Mandarin. He enjoys long walks on the beach, prawn roe and cultured Pods.

DSCN0008.jpg

The reflectors work great. Definitely throw a lot of light in a nice pattern. The only thing I didn't like was that the top of the reflector is too narrow for a DE bulb. I had to add a spacer to each one in order to mount the sockets.

looking great. I was thinking about your post on the dead spots. Have you considered a couple of those Hydor rotating heads that could possibly go on you returns or maybe a couple of your CL outputs?

No I haven't, but I may look into it. The one K4 I added has made a HUGE difference so far so I will be observing the dead areas to see if there is enough difference yet.

I noticed that the rock is much much cleaner this morning. The water was way cloudy and kind of yellowish last night. I started running my filter sock and it was BLACK/Red with gunk this morning. I am washing it and running it again. I can say there is visual improvement though. I iodine dipped all my zoas again and that knocked the brown/slime off them.

Well....I got bored and started making a sump.....more to follow. This is my first major acrylic works attempt. No I don't have a table saw or router handy.....yes it will be ugly....

I just wanted to show off our 'new' dendro (we got it a month or so ago)... It was taken right after I fed it.

Dendro.jpg

Awesome The light rack is dope! i might have to ask you further about it when i get a big system like that.

Thanks guys! Of course, I'm sure Seth would help you out with the light rack when the time comes. It didn't take long at all to do and he just used a rivet gun (I think) to tack everything together and some black spray paint! I think he got the idea from Myteemouse (Adam)..

How come your pics are always better than mine? I suppose it's because you are artsy...;)

Iroll. The light rack is too easy. LMK when you are ready and I'll point you in the right direction.

Back