Herefishyfishy's 180g, one more time

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Herefishyfishy

Smart Bass
A month plus ago, I bought an acrylic 150 TALL (60" x 18" x 30"), then decided the dimensions were not close enough for my needs. Before drilling it, bought a fully reef ready 180 aga from another who needed a break. Currently have my 72g bowfront display and 54g corner set up and running; each packed to the gills.

Am using the 150 as a transfer system to ease the setup process. Bought a 50g Tall for a better sump. Yesterday water tested the 50 and the 150 and each passed. Installed a durso standpipe in the 150 as without it, the prior owner said it sounded like a waterfall. No doubt, with a 30" drop just to the tank bottom before the tubing. 5" fall.
It is nice and quiet now.

The stuff is still there. I need to move the 150 into my office before breaking down the 54 to make room.
Trying to decide which flame I prefer to keep. Also have too many clowns

Tested the 50 last night, it is water tight. Will become my sump for 180 if it can fit, otherwise will sell it as part of 150.

Now that water test of the 150g in garage passed, moved exercise bike out of the room to make room for the 150 and moved the tank into its temp spot and filled with cold water and salt. It can warm and mix for a couple days.

After water is ready, will empty contents from 54g into one end of the 150 and move 54 to a new spot awaiting it's new inhabitants, a very experienced Bangai Cardinal pair and their babies.

This Sunday will start moving livestock and rock from the 180g now in Bellevue, here and into the other end of the 150g temporary home.

After the 180 contents are moved here over the next couple weeks, will transport the tank and stand plus all hardware here and into the empty corner then partially fill it with saltwater.

Next build the rock wall aloing it’s back and some central rock towers, will move livestock from 150 into the 180 and move 150 rr and it's stand back out to garage to sell off as an awesome deal for somebody.

After confirming no cycle has started in 180, will transfer the stuff from the 72 into the 180 and move it to the garage to sell off as a plug and play reefl tank.

The office desk will be moved to where the 72 was.

After verifying that still no cycle, will pick up some coral and fish I bought from a friend in Mill Creek and then sell off and donate a lot of extras hardware.
41595d1297726827-herefishyfishys-180g-one-more-time-new-180.jpg

New 180 and contents

41596d1297727027-herefishyfishys-180g-one-more-time-corner-aug-2010-sm.jpg

current 54g corner

41597d1297727027-herefishyfishys-180g-one-more-time-bowfront-72-sm.jpg

current 72g bowfront

Attachments

• new 180.jpg
    new 180.jpg
    70.4 KB
  • corner Aug 2010 sm.jpg
    corner Aug 2010 sm.jpg
    93.3 KB
  • bowfront 72 sm.jpg
    bowfront 72 sm.jpg
    79 KB
Last edited:
Mike that Chinese tank stand is probibly the nicest stand I have ever seen, just a drooler!! Great looking setup

Mike

did you buy the 180 off craigslist because im pretty sure i saw that stand. it is very unique thats for sure:) looks great. awesome job with all three, they are stunning.

Mike that Chinese tank stand is probibly the nicest stand I have ever seen, just a drooler!! Great looking setup

Mike

Thanks pal

did you buy the 180 off craigslist because im pretty sure i saw that stand. it is very unique thats for sure:) looks great. awesome job with all three, they are stunning.

Yes, bought the 180 from a PSAS member on that board, but he had also listed same setup on craigs.
The 150 acrylic and stand came from a Craigs seller.

Hey Mike thats a sweet stand and hood what kind of lights do intend to use
Tank comes complete with a 72" 3x250W HQI plus actinic and moonlight unit. 3 Electronic ballasts

That is a very nice setup. Beautiful looking wood work
Glad to see you back in a 180.:)

Thanks Marty, I was just thinking about you. You know what the implications behind me getting a big tank again really means. Everyone is 100% happy and healthy :>)

That first shot man!!!! That is a really nice sofa!!! :eek: :lol:. Very nice looking setup Mike!! That aquarium furniture is very unique!! Everything looks great!! :)

once an aquarium addict always and aquarium addict :) Glad to hear everyone is doing well...sending the good vibes your way

Sounds like quite the shuffle Mike. That's going to look totally awesome in your office. How will you get any work done? :D Can't wait to see it all up and going.

CONGRATS!! Mike That stand is sweet! Damn that means i gotta make it up that direction to see it in action. :)

That is a cool set-up Mike, I saw that tank and stand in the ad and loved the stand. Really cool that you got it!

Mike, that is one heckova gorgeous set-up! Your tanks always look so pretty, now that stand is a piece of art in itself! :)

Your transfer system is mind boggeling, lol

I have to disagree on one thing. There is no such thing as too many clowns.:biggrin1:

Going to be awesome Mike. But you could just have a single chair and a laptop computer then have all four tanks setup in your office. I'm sure Karen would want what’s best for all of your livestock by not overcrowding them. Seriously though give me a call when you need someone to stand around holding a beer and offering direction

Todd

Back