I'm back...34g solana rimless cube

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

so how's that modded skimmer working out? was the mesh modded maxijet too much?

Wow it skims w/ ease! I have the collection cup almost all the way up. It's skimming wet right now but it's working good. I'll give it another week and maybe try the other pump out and see how it works. Thanks again your mods rock!:D

New pics of my bb tank!

Wow what an experience! After 32 hrs straight I finally finished my tank. So pretty much I got bored with my tank and wanted to do something different. I decided to go bb, re-aquascape and also treat for red bugs during the process. It was a long and crazy weekend I started removing my l/r and livestock friday night and finished Sun night around 12 am. I'm now rb free and my corals are loving it!:) Here are pictures of the whole process...

I added l/r rubble to the center chamber and removed the bio balls form the skimmer and replaced w/ l/r rubble as well. I have a sump/refugium plan but need to save some $$$ before I get that going. I might add a small hob refugium for the time being with a dsb. Thanks how is your tank doing?:D

I check your thread daily for updates so I will be watching patiently ;)Are you still running the stock return pump- It seems kind of weak to me?

My tank is good! I have two B&W clowns as well, some xenia,zoas and a few different shrooms that came on the rock I bought. I’m still in the reading as much as possible stage before I really break down and start buying corals, I also I need to figure out where im going to get them.

Yep still running the stock return. It could be better but I added 2 k2's and a tunze 6025 so I don't have a problem...:lol:

Check out Barrier reef they always have good stuff! Check the boards frequently for good buys as well.:D

Last edited:
I do swing by BR on my commute home from Auburn sometimes- I just have to go 167 instead of 18. I don’t have a qt tank and with a few threads I have been reading recently I have been extra skeptical :oops:

Mesh modded stock pump done by the famous skimerwhisperer!:D

solanacubepics478.jpg

solanacubepics476.jpg

I'm currently using a mesh modded mj900...

Back