I'm back...34g solana rimless cube

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks to Roscoe and DisturbedReefer I decided to upgrade my lighting...:D I went w/ a 250w DE Stealth Mini Lumenarc. I'm now running the reeflux 12k on an icecap 250w hqi ballast. I'm loving this setup! I can now really enjoy the rimless part of the tank...:lol: I found a perfect piece of aluminum at work and had it welded in an "L" shade. I then had it powdercoated black to match my stand and new light. I'm very pleased with how it turned out...:) Here are a few pics I took tonight...

That looks SWEET! I really like the look of a clean stealth over a rimless tank! Makes me want to clean mine up even more:D I have someone that is going to build an aluminum stand for me that will have a light bracket incorporated...my future lighting will be the Sfiligoi Infinity XR6- HQI 1 x 250 watt with T5 and Moonlights....but I need to sell a lot more houses, those suckers are like $1400.00 ouch! Until that time I will trade out the regular mini lumenarc for the stealth. Your tank is looking great,before long you will be contacting AO for a 60g rimless cube ;)

That looks SWEET! I really like the look of a clean stealth over a rimless tank! Makes me want to clean mine up even more:D I have someone that is going to build an aluminum stand for me that will have a light bracket incorporated...my future lighting will be the Sfiligoi Infinity XR6- HQI 1 x 250 watt with T5 and Moonlights....but I need to sell a lot more houses, those suckers are like $1400.00 ouch! Until that time I will trade out the regular mini lumenarc for the stealth. Your tank is looking great,before long you will be contacting AO for a 60g rimless cube ;)

Thanks Todd! I would also go the same route your thinking if I could only afford it:lol: Also with my cube only being 20" wide I'm limited to lighting setups, especially halide/t5 combo lighting. In time I will go with an AO cube most likely a 120 or 140 gallon cube. That won't be for some time though.:D

Thanks Todd! I would also go the same route your thinking if I could only afford it:lol: Also with my cube only being 20" wide I'm limited to lighting setups, especially halide/t5 combo lighting. In time I will go with an AO cube most likely a 120 or 140 gallon cube. That won't be for some time though.:D

yeah, I feel ya on the price...I won't be making that big jump for some time though...because of the price:oops: At this point that is just on the wish list:p A 36x36x24 AO rimless would be sweet!

Some better pics I took today...I'm actually really loving the reeflux 12k bulb:D
solanacubepics542.jpg

solanacubepics538.jpg

solanacubepics537.jpg

solanacubepics544.jpg

Got a new coral from BR today...It's a frag of their beautiful rainbow mille:)
Also took a few more shots because I'm bored:lol:

BRA Rainbow mille...
solanacubepics552.jpg

Blue polyp acro...
solanacubepics549.jpg

upper side view...

solanacubepics550.jpg

Back