IPisces' 180

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Okay, so I have replaced a number of the lockline nozzles.
Out of the 5 returns for the closed loop, I have left the center one with the long lockline and round nozzle. The one on the far right I left one side long with a round nozzle aimed down into the back corner. The other side I shortened and put the flair nozzle on it. The other three returns, I shortened one side to two segments and the other side about 4 segments and added the flair nozzle to each side. I think it looks a lot better. I think it will perform better too.

DSC08271.jpg

Well I finally got the doors and hinges off. Some of them were rusted in pretty good. Took the drill and ez-out to get a couple out. Most came out with a lot of extra good ole muscle power. I got most all the stand sanded to get ready to paint. I am painting the inside first with white gloss paint. filling in some areas with wood putty before I paint the outside.

Went to HD and picked up what I think will be all I will need to finish the plumping and a couple sheets of plexy for the baffles in the sump. And then to Henery Hardware for silicone.

Last edited:
I dont like the spray bar. I think I am going to just put another set of lockline in it. after removing more than half of the segments from the returns, I have enough to reach all the way into the back corner. Thats the one spot I am conserned about.

Again, I am excited over something only another reefer would understand.

I think I have coraline growing on my new rock.:bounce:

IMG_3282.jpg

IMG_3283.jpg

IMG_3284.jpg

Well, I didnt get a whole lot done today. I started out doing water changes on three tanks. Then I started cutting the plexiglass pannels for the sump. I got one of those hand cutting tools. After I got the first of three panels cut, I tossed that thing aside and got my dremel out. I was covered in acrylic dust but it went a whole lot faster and less pain in my hand from that hand tool.

I was thinking about it the other day and was wondering what would be suggested for a power center or a power strip. I have an older model neptune aquacontroller I was going to run the lights with it or something else. Not sure yet. I have a temp monitor and a ph monitor for it too.

I need help taking some of the lockline apart. I need to get the nozzle off of two sets and a pipe adapter off of one set. I dont think I am strong enough. I had no problem with sperarating segments, but the nozzles are another story!

I need help taking some of the lockline apart. I need to get the nozzle off of two sets and a pipe adapter off of one set. I dont think I am strong enough. I had no problem with sperarating segments, but the nozzles are another story!

Try holding the nozzle end in a cup of hot water for a minute. That should help in allowing them to flex some so they will separate easier.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sorry, I worked on my taxes this weekend. Have group get togethers the next couple weekends. I did get some holes in the stand filled. Need to sand those down and hit them with the filler one more time maybe. I should be able to get the stand painted this weekend. And maybe the baffles in the sump.

Okay, so I have the inside painted. The inside of the doors will be getting another coat. The outside will get another light sanding and then painted probably next weekend.

IMG_3313.jpg

IMG_3315.jpg

Back