iroll253's Undecided Nano

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I dont keep track of the names of the acans just call them by their colors the two larger red ones are cherry corals. That trip sounds amazing. Have fun.

Looks like the tank has decided to be really attractive nano.

In the images of the Setosa you can see some pink coloration to the rock, it's that LED or something else?

The scape you created is perfect for that tank, it really make me think of starting a nano to do the same type of layout.

Looks like the tank has decided to be really attractive nano.

In the images of the Setosa you can see some pink coloration to the rock, it's that LED or something else?

The scape you created is perfect for that tank, it really make me think of starting a nano to do the same type of layout.

The coloration is because i have a line of 14 multi color cree led's, Blues, RB's, Reds, Cool Whites, Uv's, Greens and Warm Whites. The newer fixtures have grouping to prevent a "disco" effect. I believe that is what you're seeing. I honestly dont mind it but will be upgrading to a controllable fixture soon and hopefully selling my current one.

Its nice to have a cave along the whole back wall, makes for swimming room and its easier to clean. I also selected the best pieces of rock out of 150lbs I had which helped. Thank you!

Last edited:
Have just ordered a new led fixture for my tank. Fully programmable.

Here are some photos that were and were not included in reef of the month =)

IMG_2796.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

IMG_2803.jpg

IMG_2809.jpg

IMG_2811.jpg

IMG_2815.jpg

IMG_2825-1.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

IMG_2828.jpg

IMG_2831.jpg

IMG_2661_zps59dda577-1.jpg

IMG_2671_zps32301b56-1.jpg

IMG_2697-1.jpg

IMG_2753-1_zps1be9db0b-1.jpg

IMG_2594-1_zpsb4d41b02-1.jpg

IMG_2619_zpsad83fc87-1.jpg

IMG_2695-1_zps2d342227-1.jpg

Looks awesome Chase. S hard to believe that is all in a 24" x 24" aquarium.

The hollywood stunner chalice was donated to a friend but unfortunately he killed most of it so whats left is now on the sand bed. The rest has been doing alright. Ive moved stuff around a lot and thrown away all the loose common zoas and palys. The result has left me more room for sps and higher end lps. Still attempting to find room and move zoas to the top. Hoping to purchase a blue and red welso soon.

New Lights. Switching to this diy fixture from my reef breeders 24'' programmable. Still waiting on reflectors.

Trido, (Duanes) old 65 gallon tank. I set this up for my friend kyle. I basically told him what to buy and then built the whole system for him as well as did the rock scape. Will be updating his tank as it moves along. Also my 48x24x20'' Rimless tank is almost done and will be putting that in my friend Kris's house. I have a 100g rubbermaid full of soft coral to put in it asap.

Got a new snowflake clownfish today. Hes identical on both sides just about with the front whites connecting. You can also see the slightly blue patch which he as on both sides by his gills. I am curious what you guys would grade him. Grade A,B, Extreme? Here is the only decent photo I could get. I havent been updating becasue I am without a camera at the moment. Although everything has been doing well!

Yes its been a year since i set up the tank. It has gone through many transformations. Unfortunately i lost all of my chalices and acans. But am letting the rest grow out and am hoping to add more lps soon.

These are pics from when everything was doing well under my reef breeders led set up. Unfortunately everything stated to melt shortly after and my next post will be of how the tank currently sits with my diy hybrid t5/cree royal blue fixture.

Looking very nice... Any idea why you lost the acans and chalices? Was it the Reef Breeders light? Did you feed them?

I have a Reef Breeders Value led over my nano reef. Been there since May. All seems well with the lps, sps, zoas and all, even with the constant light tweaking that I do.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Back