Jiddy's 220g MASTERPIECE!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks guys, i actually did pick up some caulerpa when i traded the wrasse in Steve, see i told you, im so smart! LoL, i put it down in my sump, then i relized i dont have lights down there, lol, so i put it in my main tank, lol.

Yea Ken, my boy (Ethan) was very happy to get that fish out. He says two words besides Dadda, he says HI and FISHY, lol! Thats my boy!

Are they all on the same ballast? Or can you control the daylights and atinics seperatly?

Try to cut the daylight photo period down, leave the atinics on more if ya want, coraline likes the lower light.

Skimer suggested that, but as i said yesterday, i just wanted the algae army to have a head start. I will do that, i had to add 1 ea. bulb per ballast because i had one bad ballast at the time of setup, so i will have to change that.

Will the shroom or Xenia care about only actinic?

Just keep an eye on them. If they show signs of distress, up the photo period back up, they really shouldn't though, not for a short amount of time.

Is 3wpg good enough for those softies? How close to the top should they be?

*also-where is a tank size calculator*

hey jiddy, ive been away awhile. im glad to see the tank up and running. It took me around 5 months to get the algae under control in the 140. diatoms, blue greens, hairy, stringy, you name it youll get it. stick with it it gets easier. with the algae anyway. steve

Jiddy just keep the ground troops on the attack. It's all part of the tank maturing. Skimming, not overfeeding, the correct lighting all help, but they are a natural proggession of the tank.

I know Ken, the troops finally got to base X at my 26th hour of bein up. I had just fallen asleep and my wife told me the snails were here! I was so out of it, i dropped one bag to the bottom, they little guys made it, lol. All are doin good, i did lose one scarlet, she was DOA. My only problem right now is the 100 astrea's, some of them arent right side up, and cant do it themselves, so i made a "tank stick" out of an old broken fishin pole! My main concern, thou i am happy with reeftopia, is that all the snails and crabs where VERY VERY small. Dont know how much they can handle yet.....

Thats ok, they can get in all the little nooks and cranies :D Don't forget to blow off and hand harvest as much as you can everyday also.

Back