Jiddy's 220g MASTERPIECE!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

It's gettin' hot in here....so tak.....oh nevermind :D. It is too early for me to think whether or not Jiddy is upset or kidding around....so I thought a little Nelly might cheer things up :D. Jiddy, would you ever expect anything other than a link from me? I was going to toss you a few, but I think this reading should keep you busy for awhile. Also, don't forget our Fish Gallery will help with a choice, as well. Make sure if the wrasse needs sand, you wait until the substrate is added. Now, as Boomer would say, go do your homework assignment: Wrasses

In my tank, would i have to feed my LMB, or would he find his own food? I ask because he looks to be "moupin around" the last two days

Jiddy !!! I would try to see if he was interested in some mysis or brine. Do ya see him scraping the rocks with his mouth? He might enjoy a little varity in his diet.

PS Care package will be shipped out tomorrow....

Ken, yea, rough weekend, no sleep was involved, imma not goin to make it 2nite.

Ill try the Mysis, have to goto the LFS to get my sand thats in anyways, i dont see him do anything but perch. He was swimming along the back glass of the tank the other day, taht was it thou

And thanks for shippin that out!

If that's a Lawnmower Blenny you're referring to try some dried seaweed or similar veggie/herbivore food. Sometimes they take a few days before they feel like eating though.

How goes the algae war by the way?

Clayton

Everything the snails touch turns out great, but they dont cover much ground, they are slow as snails, ill shoot a pic tomorrow. To be honest the algae is a deep purple/maroon color, i was hopin it wasnt red slime, its not coralline, the old tank i took over had red slime in it

Whats even funnier is seein three snails ridin one snail around the tank, alot of good those snails are doin, lazy punks

Your snails sound more like Dutch soldiers, lol

Actually, speed works to their disadvantage; unlike the before mentioned Dutch (sorry Dutch reefers). If they cleaned your tank within a few days they'd soon run out of food and starve. It's best to take a little time and end up with just enough to maintain your tank.

Clayton

clayswim said:
Your snails sound more like Dutch soldiers, lol

Actually, speed works to their disadvantage; unlike the before mentioned Dutch (sorry Dutch reefers). If they cleaned your tank within a few days they'd soon run out of food and starve. It's best to take a little time and end up with just enough to maintain your tank.

Clayton

Thats a good point, but eventually their food will run out, right, that is the point of them

Back