Jiddy's 220g MASTERPIECE!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish- Yea your Hippo is ready for pickup whenever you get a chance

That hand is the tank ghost, apparently the previoius died in the tank so it is haunted now, at first i thought it was a mantis tapping on my glass until i seen a ghost in there

Gabby, you are always scared. And i only feed my anemone light because the LFS is out of Krill, would you like some light?

hmm yeah you are right dood.. darn it :D
you know dood, i also feed mine little pieces of the formula one (the red one)
and no dood i would like more light, but i'm running out of tooth brushes:D

Jid...I should hopefully have mine this Friday (hippo)...I have my fingers crossed. I am going through the beginning stages of diatoms like you did in my tank. Not as bad as the pictures of yours was, but I'm sure it will get there. How long did it take for yours to subside?

Thanks Ron, and i did some reArranging awhile back, thats the best i could do, lol!

Krish, what i did wrong was wait around messing with increase of flow, lack of light and yadda yadda trying to let the algae die on its own, it just kept growing, then i nuked it with chemi-clean and it died 3days later, completly. That would be my suggestion to you....

I would get a blue background. It's makes what is a picture and what is real easier to see and just looks better how do I know ? I had the same phot background at first :)

P.S. some snails "Nassarius" can and will dig down in the sand and come up at feeding time if you need some search for reef snails on e-bay .
:)
paul

Krish, what i did wrong was wait around messing with increase of flow, lack of light and yadda yadda trying to let the algae die on its own, it just kept growing, then i nuked it with chemi-clean and it died 3days later, completly. That would be my suggestion to you....

Thanks Jid. I hardly have any in the tank except a few small places, but my sump with the extra lighting is extremely brown. I know it will eventually makes it way up to the tank, but just how much, I don't know. I'm not big on chemicals at all so I will let it run it's course for now and see what happens. If anything, I'll just bump up the gals of water change...

I would get a blue background. It's makes what is a picture and what is real easier to see and just looks better how do I know ? I had the same phot background at first :)

??? Jid...Are you planning on changing your background? If so, I like all black. I have an acrylic black background and an acrylic blue background. Both looked great, but the black hides my nozzles, overflow et. better and it shows up my clowns color a lot better...Just a thought if you were planning on changing...

I decided to not go for a color background. I am going to wait for the coraline to cover the back glass. Hopefully :p

Hey Plack, i have some nass' and they are my fav now, they just appear out of the sand, lol.

And that coral is a cut-out from its original sheet (previous owner did it, dont know why) so that blue sheet is behind it, so all i would have to do is take the coral one off and the blue would be left, but i like it for now, maybe later!

Just wanted to add this: My wife (puffer princess) talks about the tank at work, and her co-workers want to come over and check it out (they asked her, lol) Kind of makes you all fuzzy inside when guest come over and you give them that casual tour of the house, and they sit and watch your tank and pretend to listen to blab about skimmers and sumps, lol

Just wanted to add this: My wife (puffer princess) talks about the tank at work, and her co-workers want to come over and check it out (they asked her, lol) Kind of makes you all fuzzy inside when guest come over and you give them that casual tour of the house, and they sit and watch your tank and pretend to listen to blab about skimmers and sumps, lol

Just don't let them put their hands in there(LOL) and I gurantee the first thing they'll ask you is, "How much did all tht cost?" That's where I get in trouble:shock:

No, thats the hook for me to say, not as much as i first thought, do you want to buy my 90gal in the garage, come on ill show it to you

Well i guess i should chance my avatar too!

Anyways, the wife noticed this black/white snails in the tank, i didnt order them and never seen them before, just wondering what they were and if they was bad or what.......

We seen about 10 so far, they just appeared today.

Kind of looks like a sundial snail. Maybe not. Does it have a small cone shaped cover over the opening where the foot comes out?
Have any zoanthids or other polyps?

Back