June PSAS Picnic & Raffle

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jesshimom

I have no fish.
Well, it's never too early to plan a function for the club. Members, we'd like your input here. We are looking for somewhere to host the picnic this year. It can be someone's house if there is room for a large crowd and many cars. Last year's location is not available so we need to plan and find somewhere fairly soon especially if we are going to a park. A park would be fine if you don't mind not seeing reef tanks.

It might be a nice idea to talk to people privately before you throw their house in the ring... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

THis is THE big club fundraiser of the year and we plan to have a great time. Don't forget this is the raffle for the CFI tank and they are beginning to work on it now and I hope to see pictures posted on this thread soon!

So put your thinking caps on and give us some ideas.

I have access to rent out the clubhouse in my housing development. Its a fairly good sized building, with patio, bbq, kitchen, playgound, tennis court, basketball court....

~Randy~

let's get out the house for real picnic,by the beach in the woods ,somewhere north:Edmond beach,Seattle Alki beach,south:tacoma(by titlow or Narrow),,will be nice

yeah Mario we do have a big parking lot and if we flood the storm water pond we can even make a beach. :lol: Downtown Poulsbo has a nice park on the water and is very close to us as well.........hmmmmmm :idea:, perhaps Bainbridge would work too. Battle point Park, Fey Bainbridge State Park, Seabold Park, Lyons Park, the Nature Center.... or Seabeck has a nice large free Park, .... hint hint, nudge nudge ( Lots of options in Kitsap). Edmonds would be cool too.

Last edited:
I vote Edmonds.. ;) but I'm partial as I spent my high school days around there.

Best,
Ilham

The nursery that we are located in was in the running for the Picnic too, but I guess everyone would rather have it in a parking lot.:eek:

I'll definately try to have a nice coral shipment in that weekend since many of you will be making the journey over from Seattle and such. So swing by on your way to the picnic if you get a chance.

We are trying to take turns having major events at different sponsors who express interest. We have July and August unplanned as yet, and usually have tank tours or other picnics, so the summer isn't over yet! We should have a really fun summer.

Well keep us in mind at the nursery if you plan on having another picnic or BBQ. We would love to have you all.

eventually I think many of us would want to visit every contributing shop in the area. I have been very interested to see both of the shops on that side of the water and I know in the past there was always talk of shipping us stubborn eastsiders over there. who wants to carpool. that is the ways this thread needs to go.

Gas prices are way up.

Yeah you missed the nano meeting we held a couple months ago at the Shark Reef. It was standing room only! Mark did a wonderful nano presentation. If you look back, you can find the thread on it. We all had a great time.

their are tons of great parks and miles of beach up here on whidbey...fort casey is nice and so is maxweltion park,but if no one wants to come to the island then i vote for medowdale park in edmonds or lincon park in west seattle,mukltieo beach is good but so is howerth park in everett...or kayak point or jetty island off of the everett marina! i guess im up for anywhere but id like to invite the culb to the island some time

Coming in June...The Puget Sound Aquarium Society (PSAS) is having their very first annual picnic/raffle in Kitsap County, Poulsbo to be exact.

We are very excited we were chosen to host this event at our shop.

Details are still being worked out as to the exact date and time. So stay tuned!!

I have around 10 companies/distributors promising me donations for the raffle. And hopefully the club sells lots of tickets and raises a ton of money to continue to bring in the quality speakers and host the events that the PSAS have become known for.

Last edited:
Well it's our very first there... they have been going on in June for years... :) It's our annual major fundraising event to fund the year's activities. How well we do at this picnic will drive the coming year; so everyone clear your calendars!

Let me know what we need to do Mario!

Colleen

It will be here before you know it....

June 17th at Mario's :) :)

Stay tuned for a list of of raffle items including the tank!

There will be two seperate raffles.. one for the tank and one for everything else!

Picnic Raffle Items

OK everyone, check all this out! We will start adding donations from our sponsors here so check back often to see what you can win!

:idea: :idea: 120 gallon tank from CFI - Thank you for the wonderful deal on this tank. Someone will be very happy. See the tank thread for more info - this item to be raffled seperately and you dont need to be present to win. Out of area winners are responsible for packing and shipping costs to be worked out with CFI.

The following will be in the general raffle on the day of the picnic and you do need to be there to purchase tickets. If you need to leave early, we can work that out... just give me your tickets.. :D :D

:idea: Electronic 175w. m.h. ballast from Premium Aquatics

:idea: 30x12x16 simple sump with sock holder and bubble trap baffles. It is the most popular size (25gal) and design for simple type sumps. Stacy from Aquatic Lifestyles is sponsoring this item! Retail around $135

:idea: RS200 refugium/sump (36x15x18). Donated from Brian at IAP Retail value is $345

:idea: $25 gift certificate from Doctor's Foster/Smith

:idea: Two $25 gift certificates from Dr Mac

:idea: Two $50 gift certificates from Kahuna Corals

There will be lots more so keep checking back! Thank you to the vendors supporting the club - we couldn't do it without them!

Back