June PSAS Picnic & Raffle

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ok Brad, where did you get the weather forecast? You want to tell the weather to go back to that? I just keep hearing rain, and cold!! Colleen? Where is the sun?

Hey we live in Washington and we all have webbed feet! Everyone call Mario and order up some sun. I am going to call him for a couple gazebo rental thingies just in case. You know if we have them it wont rain!

jesshimom said:
Hey we live in Washington and we all have webbed feet! Everyone call Mario and order up some sun. I am going to call him for a couple gazebo rental thingies just in case. You know if we have them it wont rain!

Or there will be rain and gail force winds, but I for one will be hoping for the best! I still dont know if I will get to go or not but I am hoping I can at least get enough time to swing by for an hour or two.

Ok I am trying to squeeze in some time on saturday!! If charlie can come from montana and ed can come from the tri cities. then I will definatly have to find time for this...

Beware diablo might be there... 1st time ever!!!!!!!

now it will definatly rain... Instead of a angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other......... I just give murphy a piggy back ride where ever I go. lol

just look for the nascar fan with long hair!!!! I hope I can come this time. damn murphy and his law!!

Hey Larry!
You should come, for sure!!! Just get yourself to Puyallup and you can ride with us. If Charlie and Ed can make it you have no excuses :razz:.....

Susie :)

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hi! I'm not a PSAS member yet, but I will be joining!

It took some convincing, but I was finally able to talk my wife into going to the picnic this weekend, so I'm really looking forward to meeting all the local folks who understand my addiction, since my wife & family all think I'm some sort of fishtank freak...which I suppose is pretty much correct! :D

Rob

roblou said:
Hi! I'm not a PSAS member yet, but I will be joining!

It took some convincing, but I was finally able to talk my wife into going to the picnic this weekend, so I'm really looking forward to meeting all the local folks who understand my addiction, since my wife & family all think I'm some sort of fishtank freak...which I suppose is pretty much correct! :D

Rob

Awesome, welcome aboard.:)

Who is handling the raffle tickets? I didnt include my contact information with my paypal and the paypal address for the raffle tickets doesnt except mail.

paul there is a thread for the raffle. colleen is probably watching it.

Guys dont worry about the weather. Last year it was supposed to rain and about two hours before we were at a rental place going to get a couple covers and we decided not to. Sunny all afternoon.

weather.com the weatherchannel website. It does look like the afternoon is when it is going to start clearing up but the early morning might be nasty.

Last edited:
MtnDewMan said:
Is anyone headed over to the event on Saturday going through Mukilteo and have a truck or van with space? If so, want to bring over a 75 gallon tank to Mario????

If so, shoot me a PM.

Anybody want to help Mario out and pick up this tank for him before the picnic??? I would bring it but it won't fit in my vehicle ...

Please let me know.

I will have to check with brian to see if my invert cubes are ready. but if they are and by chance I can make it to the meeting I will have to drive my truck. I will be in downtown earlier that day so shooting up to you shouldnt be a issue...

I will give you a definate answer tomorrow afternoon..

If anyone else can/wants for sure to grab this tank for him please feel free to do so!!

We received over 600lbs of beautiful Marshall Island live rock. And on Friday, just in time for the PSAS picnic, we are receiving over 250 pieces of coral. Corals from Marshall Island, Jakarta and Bali. Should be a great assortment with something for everybody.

During the picnic, all livestock will be at insane prices. If you thought my prices were to low before....just you wait and see.
Not trying to make a lot of money here, just making sure everyone leaves with something they like!! (Not everyone can win the tank!!)

A note, we will have 12 Helfrichi Gobies and 8 Mystery Wrasse coming in.

I am not going to be able to grab that tank mtndewman. Im sorry brian has not even started on my cubes yet they will be ready next weekend. So I wont be taking my truck. I am still trying to figure out if I can squeeze the meeting in or not.

Thanks to Maggie's Aquarium Supply!

they are donating 4 $25 gift certificates for the raffle. I know quite a few people who have ordered from there and loved their stuff. To be used for livestock only!

Thanks for the support!!

Quick question about transporting livestock. I'm coming from seattle and am taking the ferry. What should I bring - if anything - to transport corals and stuff I hope to buy or win? Would a small cooler do the trick? What is everyone doing?

Never leave home without a small cooler! I keep a towel in the bottom of mine so things dont roll around and it helps insulate it further.

yup a cooler will be perfect, and if you forget, or run out of room, I'm sure mario would have an extra styrofoam box left over from his huge shipment :)

diablo said:
I am not going to be able to grab that tank mtndewman. Im sorry brian has not even started on my cubes yet they will be ready next weekend. So I wont be taking my truck. I am still trying to figure out if I can squeeze the meeting in or not.

No problem, someone from up north may help out, will know more later tonight.

Back