Krish's 10 gal Nano Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I was curious if you might run into an issue with those teeth in the baffle. I wasn't sure, but I noticed in a photo in the second page that the teeth seemed like they should have been routed down a little further.

Is this the issue that you're having with the baffle?

That is a cool little tank. I love the DIY. its inspiring keep up the good work.

Thanks!!! Nothing is ever simple with me :D

I was curious if you might run into an issue with those teeth in the baffle. I wasn't sure, but I noticed in a photo in the second page that the teeth seemed like they should have been routed down a little further.

Is this the issue that you're having with the baffle?

Yep! That's exactly the problem, but problem solved! ;)
Here are a few pics. I extended the teeth an extra 1/4 inch down, did a water test and walla!!! Perfectly fine now! :)

Marked off where I needed to extend to and used a dremel to fix it

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

All done! :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Very nice cutting for a dremel for sure!
If you use a flat fine file now you can really tweak it out and make it smoother to keep algae from having a place to grab onto.
Nice work brother :)
Hows the weather in the Bahamas today?

So that I don't get another infraction from Frankie, I went back over the cuts today with a round over bit and smoothed everything out. :lol:

Sorry no pics this time, but hopefully the next set will consist of some rock and water!! This is supposed to be the week!!! If the rock doesn't come, then I think I will have to suck it up and get wet...Burrrrr :p

Two updates in one day!! :D Got my phosban reactor back today and cleaned it all up. Man, the equipment is really packing up on this thing!! :eek: If I didn't need all I could get out of my back for work I would have knocked out a stand and canopy for this thing to hide some of the stuff a long time ago!! This will be the first stand I bought, but will be temporary. Will let the tank run and cycle on this stand till in the new year and figure it out after that :)

So anyone want to guess what kind of rock came???

NONE!! :lol: My friend had to put off the order for another week so it will probably be next weekend now. No worries...I might go out scouting this weekend to see what is knocking around. Guess we'll see. :)

Back