Krish's 10 gal Nano Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

My mom's brother lives there and I went up to visit. That was the longest drive ever!! :eek: He owns/owned a computer store. His name is Basil Bowe...Do you know him?? Can't remember the name of his buisness but I think it has Bowe's in the name :)

My mom's brother lives there and I went up to visit. That was the longest drive ever!! :eek: He owns/owned a computer store. His name is Basil Bowe...Do you know him??

It's about 400 miles north and east of where I live. But I did stay and work for a month up in Kettle Falls, which about 20 miles to the north of there.

Last edited:
Looking very nice Krish. I love these little tanks. We are thinking of starting one up for the Master Bedroom soon.

Looking very nice Krish. I love these little tanks. We are thinking of starting one up for the Master Bedroom soon.

Nice!! This is the smallest one I've ever attempted. The next closest thing I had was a 24gal aquapod which wasn't bad at all to take care of.

Good luck with yours!! :)

Hey Jake!! How you been man? Thanks! :D. Found out yesterday I will have my rock for next weekend so hopefully they send me something good and not something they were tossing in the garbage. :p

Thanks!! :D I'm afraid to see what kind of rock I get! I've been fortunate in the past to get some really nice pieces so I'm just hoping the trend continues. I have a bad case of OCD and have spent 8 hours before trying to arrange my rocks just right. Only took breaks to eat and use the bathroom. :shock: If the rock that comes looks like turd, then I'll have to order more and try again I guess. :p

My friend who owns an LFS here is getting it from one of his suppliers in the US for me. Not sure which one though. He's telling the guy it's for him personally so he should get some really nice pieces. I just know how this year has been for me so far so anything is possible to happen. I can see it now...I open up the box and find they sent me about 30lbs of driftwood instead of liverock :shock: :lol:

Just checked and it was a 1 1/4 in hole saw I used. Probably could have gone a bit smaller (like another 1/8 smaller), but that was the smallest I had at the time and I didn't need a really tight hole anyways. If the bulkhead leaked any it wouldn't matter because it sat on the inside of the tank. :)

My friend who owns an LFS here is getting it from one of his suppliers in the US for me. Not sure which one though. He's telling the guy it's for him personally so he should get some really nice pieces. I just know how this year has been for me so far so anything is possible to happen. I can see it now...I open up the box and find they sent me about 30lbs of driftwood instead of liverock :shock: :lol:

There is no place you can go diving to get your own rock in the Bahamas Krish?

There is no place you can go diving to get your own rock in the Bahamas Krish?

Yea, tons of places, but don't really have the time with all that is going on right now especially with my back. Plus the water is like in the upper 70's which is too cold for me :lol:

Not too happy with the overflow. With the two pumps running, I have to keep the water level all the way to the top of the teeth for it to run smoothly. Any lower and the pumps are a bit much for the overflow to handle (well I don't like where the water level sits in the pump chamber when the water isn't all the way to the top of the tank) so my project this weekend is to adjust the teeth with it still siliconed in the tank :eek: Not interested in cutting away all the silicone to remove the wall to do it so bringing out the dremel :p

Back