Krish's 10 gal Nano Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Wow! Impressive Krish! Packing a punch into such a small volume is a feat.

And on the subject of injections, I too have had to have a couple of visits to a foot doc recently to receive oversized needles in my heel to help solve plantar fasciitis. To this day I don't understand why they need to pull out an eight inch needle to stab you a half inch deep?

Anyone who has had this inflammation can relate... just painful to walk around. I also have had back issues so I can empathize with you. Good luck with your treatment!

Thanks Mark!! Really hoping by some miracle things turn around for me but if not, I will go to Florida and have the surgery in January. Not letting any Bahamian doctors cut me...The may fix the wrong 2 discs :lol:

Good luck with your foot!! :)

Hey Krish :)
Long time no chat. Your little tanks always looks so beautiful, especially with the light blue background. If you don't mind, I will borrow that idea and paint the back of my tank light blue (on the outside of course, LOL).
I will pray that your back surgery goes well. Take care.

Hey Julia!! How ya been?? :D Thanks for the note! On the bacground, you know I never tried painting the back to see how it would come out. I just love the shimmer you get from the halides against acrylic. I'll keep an eye out if you do it :)

Very small update. I took the brackets off the wall and will try something else tomorrow with the lights to make it look a bit better. Also, my buddy who owns the LFS here told me today he will be able to get me the liverock so as soon as he has his next fish shipment come in either this week coming or the next week, I should have some rock! :D Hopefully they don't send me junk scraps :lol: I've been very lucky in the past with really nice rock so hopefully they will smile on me one last time! I was glad to hear that today because we had a cold front pass through the Bahamas today and it dropped to the low 70's so I said screw going in the water looking for any rock till next summer :shock: :lol:

Will post pics if any changes occur with the lights and hopefully soon, we'll have water and rock! :)

70's!!! That sounds awesome. It dropped to about 40 last night here, and the low tonight is supposed to be 38 

Finally had time to catch up with your thread, think you have enough flow? LOL
Can't wait to see what you do with the lighting!

70's!!! That sounds awesome. It dropped to about 40 last night here, and the low tonight is supposed to be 38 

LOL!! People had on their jackets and hoodies today :lol:

Finally had time to catch up with your thread, think you have enough flow? LOL
Can't wait to see what you do with the lighting!

Scooty, Man, I'm going to tear up this tank! :p 2 maxijets in that little space and a koralia! The tank was a 10gal, but the display is less now with that wall in place. As for the lights, I want to see if I can get it to sit on the tank like it is supposed to without hanging. The problem I was having was the skimmer sits on the side of the tank where the leg for the light is supposed to sit and is in the way so I have an idea which I will try out tomorrow. :)

Still waiting on you to get your nano!! :D

Too many medical bills, then property taxes and then Christmas, so maybe for Christmas of soon after if we have anything left. I'm still getting bills in from last year!:mad:

Yea, bills can really screw up things sometimes :rolleyes: :p I've spent way too much this year on different things and only set this one up because I had quite a bit of the stuff lying around. :cool:

70's and no scuba? What!?!

I remember diving here in the Seattle area in mid Feburary one year and the water temps were actually warmer than the surface temps. *lol*

No way!!! I was in Colville Washington the summer of 1993 and they told me to feel the water in a little creek and my finger went numb it was so cold :lol:

It was in the 50's here yesterday and felt like the 30's! You get so use to the heat that a sudden drop feels much colder then it really is. I remember fishing in a tee shirt in NY in late september, and that was around the 50's.

No way!! LOL!! I can handle cold weather for the most part, but can't stand cold water :eek:

Update...Been messing with the tank. Sitting the light on the tank won't work so I hung it again, but a bit differently. I'm not using the long cable to hang it anymore and I lowered the brackets on the wall so you don't see as much of it. Going to paint over the holes I had to close up and see if painting the bracket the color of the wall makes it less noticeable. I will do a test spot behind the tank incase it looks like crap :D

It looked like crap :lol: Also, the silicone I filled the hole with isn't paintable so have to get the right stuff tomorrow to fill the hole then paint it. Might post a picture later of the new way the light is hung. Pretty sad that is all I have to show LOL

Well, I filled up the tank to give it a leak test and run all the pumps. Initially I was ready to toss it over the fence because the 2 maxijets together seemed a bit too much for the overflow as the side compartment ran low :rolleyes: I figured out though that I had to raise the water level a bit more to allow more water to drain in through the teeth and it worked like a charm. I can tell you, Koralia's suck :lol: I tested it against a small maxijet 900 and the maxijet produced more flow/coverage than the Koralia! I'm really thinking that just the 2 maxijets will do the trick in there going by what was flying around in the tank everywhere. I will know for sure though when I get the rock. :)

Anyways, here's a few shots of the water test and a shot of the tank with the light mounted without the cables and the strips on the wall lowered. Looks a lot better IMO. :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Back