Krish's New 75 gal "Thing-a-ma-bob"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I have a feeling she doesn't want it and it's you who wants it .

i hope you get your lights soon dood !!

LOL...If you live in the Bahamas, you need one. In the summer, they load shed because their "Old time" generators they have to run the island, can't handle the load or they break down, so they load shed cutting off one area for a few hours and then switching to another. last summer wasn't bad at all, but it has been pretty bad a few years before that so having a generator is a bonus. Especially during hurrican seanson. Yeah, it would be cool to have one to keep the tank up and running, but I will have a baby to worry about which will become my number one priority:)

NOW...Since the baby isn't here yet:p I just got off the phone with Rob and ordered my lights. Rob suggested that they don't send them out until Monday seeing this weekend is close and the stuff may have to sit over in the US over the weekend which increases the chances of something being broken. So I should have the new lights by next week Thursday.

Here's basically what I went with...It is a 500 watt PFO retro kit with (2) reflectors, (2) mogul sockets, (2) 20k bulbs :D instead of the 14's (2) 8ft cords and a 500 watt ballast. Should work out pretty well. :)

This is basically it here, just a few things changed out like bulbs etc.
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...&Product_Code=PFO250DW10KR&Category_Code=PFOr

wwouu dood that looks pretty neat !!! .

Yeah...That is just the single kit shown there though. I'm getting the double. This is the first time I'm worried about ordering something...That's a lot of light! Hope that doesn't mean a lot of algae!

krish75 said:
Yeah...That is just the single kit shown there though. I'm getting the double. This is the first time I'm worried about ordering something...That's a lot of light! Hope that doesn't mean a lot of algae!

Im kinda wondering the same thing Krish, but so far so good on my upgrade :D

Looks like a pretty sweet setup Krish. I really liked my dual PFO. I had some serious problems with there HQI Pendants though. (not a comon problem at all) Now I have Sunlight Supply. (same ballasts different case) I really liked how on the PFO you could control each ballast independantly. Can't wait to see it setup.

Brian

Im kinda wondering the same thing Krish, but so far so good on my upgrade

Cool...You can be the guinea pig:p

Looks like a pretty sweet setup Krish. I really liked my dual PFO. I had some serious problems with there HQI Pendants though. (not a comon problem at all) Now I have Sunlight Supply. (same ballasts different case) I really liked how on the PFO you could control each ballast independantly. Can't wait to see it setup.

Brian

Thanks Brian! Getting there. I just finished addind the strip to block out the gap. Looks great! Going to take a few photos in a sec and then test the water. I just started using B-Ionic and it seems the coraline went crazy! I thought the stuff didn't grow quick! Gotta check to see how much the new stuff adjusted my water. I'll post the new numbers and the photos in a bit:)

I put the strip in and it looks better. I just need two pieces of black weather strip for either end an it would be perfect. You can see why I need the weather strip by the 2 small spots of light.

Also here are my new numbers after 1 dose of B-Ionic
Calcium - 425
Alk - 3.43
DKH - 9.6
Mag - 1290

Looks much better. I did something similar to keep the light from leaking on my canopy too.

Looks much better. I did something similar to keep the light from leaking on my canopy too.

Thanks Scott! Too bad the black acrylic piece was too short...Aw well. The weather strip will hide it:)

ohhh dood that looks pretty !!! .
i'm jelous about those water parameters .

Thanks and thanks:D

I think I may have a slight problem...I measured the canopy and it seems the lights will only sit 9 inches up off the water. I'm wondering if this will be a problem. It seems like this guy was in his own world when he built this thing...

Just an update on the flow situation:D I thought about what Sherman reccommended and gave it another shot today and it worked wonders! I'll have to post a photo tomorrow of how it is now, but the 2 lockline outputs at the top, are more directed to the backwall and more pointed outwards, the sea-swirl nozzle was lifted a tad bit, and then the Tunzes are still at either end of the tank, but they are both pointed to the front glass where they meet at the center and Walla! I got some great turbulance in there now. The fish were looking at me like, "What the &^^&%$!" So I threw in some flakes for a test run, and they went all over the place not passing in the same spot twice! So, BIG maybe, I might bump up that mag950 for the mag12 or 18 and put a "y" on each output for the closed loop and spread the flow along the back a little more. I'll wait until I get the corals in there first though to see if it is necessary, or atleast wait a while to see if the new positioning causes any type of problem in the tank:)

LOL!!! flow flow flow ... and then there was the light :p .
I'm glad you're happy with your flow.
I tink your coralline is getting there dood :)

LOL!!! flow flow flow ... and then there was the light .
I'm glad you're happy with your flow.
I tink your coralline is getting there dood

Thanks Gabbs! The other shots didn't come out, but I'll try again tomorrow, but there is like a purply pink haze over almost the whole bottom. Looks really cool!:)

Boy Krish, that thing sure will look good with a huge orange montipora cup sitting center tank. A really nice purple tip frogspawn, some clams. Its gonna rock man.

Boy Krish, that thing sure will look good with a huge orange montipora cup sitting center tank. A really nice purple tip frogspawn, some clams. Its gonna rock man.

Yeah man Steve! You guys here taught me well...Time to put some knowledge into good use! Those lights are being shipped out Monday so time is ticking and I've got great news! My wife knows about the lights, how much they cost and didn't say a word! She must have something up her sleeve she wants to buy:lol:

Back