Krish's New 75 gal "Thing-a-ma-bob"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I am with you, I think the next bulbs I get will be xm 20ks as well. Forever in search of that deep, dark and brilliant colors I see in other tanks. My corals tend to grow fine, but their colors are much more pale.

Mat

Real wood is steep. Then you got real wood in the Bahamas. Thats got to be steep. I got these bulbs from cooltouchlighting. 14000k I like them better than hamiltons. I have a set of those too. I think the next ones I order will be xm 20000k

hey dood, i tried going into the website and i don't see any xm 20k? i might be up for a little change from the hamiltons if you like those bubls.

Yeah...Real wood is a pretty penny over here with the cost of shipping etc. I remember building a stand out of all furr one time and materials alone was about $400!

You know...I think I might just take my tank down and drill a bunch of holes in it for flow because this really isn't working for me. I've got 5,000 gph in there and it still isn't enough. I still have detritus settling on the bottom in different places. If I blow off the rocks everyday, the rocks shed like there's no tomorrow and it is getting rediculous!:mad: My rocks may experience some serious die-off soon and my tank may have to cycle all over again if I still feel this way after playing with the flow I have a little more because I will take the whole thing down and do something totally different with the flow...Better yet, I may pitch the whole thing outside and call it a day!

You know...I think I might just take my tank down and drill a bunch of holes in it for flow because this really isn't working for me. I've got 5,000 gph in there and it still isn't enough. I still have detritus settling on the bottom in different places. If I blow off the rocks everyday, the rocks shed like there's no tomorrow and it is getting rediculous! My rocks may experience some serious die-off soon and my tank may have to cycle all over again if I still feel this way after playing with the flow I have a little more because I will take the whole thing down and do something totally different with the flow...Better yet, I may pitch the whole thing outside and call it a day!

can i have the Tunze now? :D .
they'd be the most beautiful thing in my tank.... hmm i don't know what to tell you dood, i just don't know, i think you're just going way over but i'm not the expert, so ask Steve or someone with the knowledge :) ... all i know is you better don't throw away those Tunzes !!!

Dont ask me, I'm a idiot. LOL
Ask Mojo. He is the flow master.
HeHe thats a reference to mufflers. LOL
Sorry.
Dude, its going to be ok. A totally clean tank, free of detirius, and just spotless, isnt alive.
Thats just my opinion though. Every one I see makes detirius. Or it has a sand bed, or something for it to hide in.
I have been wondering what would happen if you silocone a strip of glass across the top of the tank, and then hung the tunze straight down into the tank, blowing straight down to the bottom.
Also been wondering how one would do pointing staight up as well.
Maybe I will try it and see.

Krish - leave the tank alone! It is fine! Even my tank has 2 detritus piles in it. You aren't going to get away from detritus....just accept it as part of the tank. If you get a couple of piles you can reach, then leave them until water change time, and siphon them out. Why not start adding corals to the tank, and let them utilize some of the detritus floating around. Hopefully, having something else in the tank will distract you from messing with the flow again.

I've tried that with the Tunze Steve, it just isn't enough doing it that way, I added & over the top CL & Together with the Tunze I had the best flow ever, then I tore my tank down & sold everything:D, (I did I did but that is another story as to why). Krish it is an easy design & works very very well, no holes & you don't see it from the front.

can i have the Tunze now?

LOL...They'll be like a wavebox in your tank!:lol:

Dude, its going to be ok. A totally clean tank, free of detirius, and just spotless, isnt alive.

Luke has one...Didn't you see the detritus thread?(LOL) I know it will be ok...You know how yesterday was for me:)

Krish - leave the tank alone! It is fine! Even my tank has 2 detritus piles in it. You aren't going to get away from detritus....just accept it as part of the tank. If you get a couple of piles you can reach, then leave them until water change time, and siphon them out. Why not start adding corals to the tank, and let them utilize some of the detritus floating around. Hopefully, having something else in the tank will distract you from messing with the flow again.

Thanks Nikki...I was having a bit of a bad day yesterday when I posted. Even Krish get's a tad upset sometimes(LOL) Well, if you still have detritus in your tank with all that flow on the bottom then it would be like beating a dead horse for sure for me. I am going to add corals. My new canopy is being built as we speak by the guy who did all of our cabinets so I can fit the right lights in there, get better air circulation, and have it open from the front so I can do a water change without having to remove it. It will get there...:)

I've tried that with the Tunze Steve, it just isn't enough doing it that way, I added & over the top CL & Together with the Tunze I had the best flow ever, then I tore my tank down & sold everything, (I did I did but that is another story as to why). Krish it is an easy design & works very very well, no holes & you don't see it from the front.

Thanks Scooter...It seems like the more flow you add, the more dead spots you develop. I need to re-position the lockline a bit and see if it can work a little better to my advantage:)

LOL...They'll be like a wavebox in your tank!

ohh yeah a little sweet wavebox :D .
Well you heard the experts.... leave the tank alone dood !!!
i'd say go clean the beach.... may be that'd help :lol: .
i know you were having a bad that yesterday, but i think everything will be fine... just think about the chicken :) .

OHHH !!! you lucky ..!!!
i didn't know Steve sends you food all the way there ... Steve can i have some too? :D .
I can't believe you dood... why kentucky !!! the way you say it sounds like torture to my ears .... I WANT A PIECE !!!

OHHH !!! you lucky ..!!!
i didn't know Steve sends you food all the way there ... Steve can i have some too? .
I can't believe you dood... why kentucky !!! the way you say it sounds like torture to my ears .... I WANT A PIECE !!!

LOL! I'll send you the bones with the gristle on it:p

hmm.... ok but i'd rather have the chicken .

LOL...Chickens rule!:p

Still waiting on the canopy. We talked to the guy last night and he is still working on the piece for the baby's room so as soon as that is finished he'll bring that as well as my canopy up. He says it will be sometime next week. I'm surprised that he has gotten as far as he has already with the piece my wife had him do because the piece has a lot going on. I'll have to post a photo when I get everything back:)

Finally! I'll have my new canopy sometime this morning. I'll post some photos of it tonight when I get home and then I'll be off to ordering those lights. Hopefully everything will go as planned...:)

Back