Krish's New 75 gal "Thing-a-ma-bob"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I like the way those rocks are set up man. You'll have almost NO dead spots. Once they are covered in corals it will look insane. :D

I like the way those rocks are set up man. You'll have almost NO dead spots. Once they are covered in corals it will look insane.

Thanks Brett! It should look really nice and I made it a point to get the rocks stacked in the middle of the tank so I could get adequet flow infront of and behind the rocks. So far I'm happy with it:)

My lights are being shipped out today!:D I forgot this week is a holiday weekend so this Friday and the following Monday everywhere will be closed so chances are I won't get my lights until next week some time...bummer! Anyways, atleast they are on the way:)

I brought home 4 fans they we just had come in this week. I will be deciding this weekend how many and which ones I will use for when the halides go in. I have here (2) 3inch and (2) 5 inch. If they aren't enough, I'll have to grab a few more from work:p

And my coral bandit shrimp says hi:)

are those 12 volt fans? If so what ac to dc convertor are you going to use?

Hey Scott! Yeah...It is a 12 volt fan and I have a small converter running the one in my stand now cooling my sump, but I will buy another one to run the 2 fans I will use for the canopy because they will be on a timer with the lights. I don't want to run the canopy fans when the lights are off to cause too big of a temperature fluctuation. The one I have now I got from radio shack for a few bucks...Works great!

Yea! That is sweet! Nice one

Yeah...he came out to welcome the new camera when I got it and now, he just chills under the rocks:)

very cool, should work great for your canopy. I may do the same for mine and get rid of the fan i have blowing in the sump.

very cool, should work great for your canopy. I may do the same for mine and get rid of the fan i have blowing in the sump.

Ask Rob about the one he is using in his canopy. He has just 1 fan and about 750 watts of lighting in there and the temp doesn't go above 79 degrees so far and he isn't running a chiller. Here is a picture of in his canopy. You can see his fan in there...:)

thats kinda what i had in mind OR putting one at each end. 1 blowing in, 1 blowing out. The one thing I can say about my sump fan is it is VERY quiet. Only reason Id like to find another way to keep the tank cool is because the sump fan evaporates quite a bit of water, ok not a lot but more than I am used to :D

I may have to go bug Rob on Staurday, and talk to him about his setup :D:D

LOL...Yeah. He's got a really nice setup there. That fan he is using they sell at Premium Aquatics and I would have had him sent me some if I couldn't get them here...:)

Back