Krish's New 75 gal "Thing-a-ma-bob"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

It can take 3/4 or 5/8. They sell the tubing here, I just have to go and get it. The place I usually get it from is out of it, but they aren't the only place that sells it...

SO Charlie!!!! Do you believe me yet about the corals:p

What corals?

:p Soon Charlie! They are coming! I got the lights and the chiller since you told me you were starting to question my credibility:p Corals are good man...They clean your tank! Why wouldn't I want some;)

Krish - there is some plumbing insulation stuff that I used around my chiller tubing. Worked great! Also thought I'd mention, if you are going to make a cabinet for the chiller, make sure the cabinet doesn't close the chiller in.

Krish - there is some plumbing insulation stuff that I used around my chiller tubing. Worked great! Also thought I'd mention, if you are going to make a cabinet for the chiller, make sure the cabinet doesn't close the chiller in.

Thanks Nikki! The reason I wanted to change the tubing was mainly because I don't like the kind I am using now, but will insulalte whatever as well if it is reccommended. About the cabintet, it will be opened from the front and the back. I don't particularily like the idea of being able to see the chiller, but I don't want to suffocate it, and the chiller doesn't look that bad so I can deal with it:)

Some people have backup pumps, filters etc. Here's my new backup from my other thread which will help the tank through power outtages:)

Nice!

I have customer that uses battery back up power. He gets 24 hours out of one charge. But can also charge the batteries with a gas generator for a few hours if the power is out for longer.

Nice!

I have customer that uses battery back up power. He gets 24 hours out of one charge. But can also charge the batteries with a gas generator for a few hours if the power is out for longer.

:D Thanks...This thing can run everything in my Townhouse full blast! Definately will make me sleep a lot better at night knowing this:)

OMG! That's awesome. Does everyone in the Bahamas have something like that for their homes? Do you guys experience power outages very often?

OMG! That's awesome. Does everyone in the Bahamas have something like that for their homes? Do you guys experience power outages very often?

Not everyone has one, but everyone needs one! Yeah, they like to cut the power for stupid reasons like if it rains too hard and their is thunder and lightning or in the summer months when people burn more electricity, they like like to load shed because their generators have trouble running the whole island with that much load etc. Really stupid if you ask me! Atlantis has it's own power plant! That's the way to go:)

I finished re-plumbing my skimmer so that I could slide the sump over and went and took some photos and none came out for some reason except this one that doesn't show much. I can't take any more now cause the batteries have to charge and I will post some tomorrow. In any event, I freed up about 5 inches which allows me to be able to get to my timer and serge protectors better now...Here's the one photo I got and if you look really good, you'll see the skimmer is hard against the sump now...

Here's the start of my cabinet for my chiller which I build 2 days ago which some of you may have seen. I took it to the guy who did all of my cabinets in my townhouse for him to formica and stain seeing I don't really have the time for that right now. I should have it back tomorrow and will post the final pics:)

Thanks Ron! How's your tank coming along? Well, how about this...I'm going to bump that thread of yours cause it is time for an update on things:) Hope you are doing well...:)

Back