Krish's New 75 gal "Thing-a-ma-bob"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

krish75 said:
Here you go Nikki...These are the photos of after my "moron cycle" intervention(LOL):)

That rock just behind your tang looks a little out of place, maybe you should tear it down and start over :) Just kidding, It looks great. Now somebody glue it down before he messes with it AGAIN.:)

Don

That rock just behind your tang looks a little out of place, maybe you should tear it down and start over Just kidding, It looks great. Now somebody glue it down before he messes with it AGAIN.

Don

LOL!! Yeah, I'm keeping my hands out for now Don. I'll only put them back in when I get some corals. My wife said to me last night, "You never learn!" Everytime you mess with it, you regret it! But atleast it's "almost back the way it was:)

it looks pretty as always dood

Thanks doodette!:)

That is nice, looking good krish!

Thanks Scooter...Still like the look of new tanks?(LOL) I guess it is almost like new since I removed the rocks. I got all the info I needed with the experiment. Don't touch it again, and I "could" big COULD, add more flow for one small spot, but I'll see:)

krish75 said:
Thanks Willi...I have 4 whole fish in there(LOL):)

Are you even here ??? LOL Btw is it just me or does the tank look no different in 75 gallons of water as it did in 90...just a thought :D:D

Are you even here ??? LOL Btw is it just me or does the tank look no different in 75 gallons of water as it did in 90...just a thought

It's just you man(LMAO :lol:) I think they look a little different even though it is the same rocks. The main big rocks are in the same position (which makes them look alike a bit) , but I got rid like 15-20lbs of rock. Also, I got a white floor down, the acrylic background is on the inside of the tank now which makes it brighter, the cover is on the crp, and oh yeah, No more scratches:D

90 gal

75 gal

For some reason even the lighting looks better in the 75!

:) The funny thing is the 90's photo was using 260 watts worth of pc's and the photo of the 75 was only using 130! I didn't even have them all on(LOL)

For some reason even the lighting looks better in the 75!

Another thing I thought of too Scooter is that a different camera was used in both pictures and the acrylic background is on the inside of the tank on the 75 gal and on the outside of the 90 gal. :)

Hey the aquascaping is different!

Looks really good!

Thanks Nikki:)

Looks good man, now get some stinking corals, before my head explodes. LOL
LOL LOL

LOL...Soon man soon! You have to be patient with this hobby you know(LOL) That's gonna suck when I add them because I won't be able to move them around as easily if they're glued. I may have to buy fake corals:lol:

Gabbs, I may have a picture for you tomorrow to show you something really cool happening in my tank. Remember what I wanted to start growing on the bottom of the tank? Well, it's finally slowly starting to happen and hopefully the camera can zoom in enough to pick a few of them up;)

Last edited:
Sorry Gabbs...As you know no dice. But since I promised pictures here's some anyway:)

These are the shades of purple I was talking about Gabbs

i had some shades like that dood but a little bit more big and everytime i'd tooth brush them, they would come out.
ohh yeah and my clownfish is prettyer than yours :p :D:lol: ... just joking.
I can't wait to see all the coraline growing :).

Thanks Gabbs and Ron:) I'm contemplating getting a 30 gal to convert into a bigger sump. I may take it home today to see if it could physically get in underneath my stand without having to move my 75 gal. If it can, then I'll put the baffles in, if not, then i may add another new piece on to the existing sump to expand it a bit. I'll let you'll know what happens:)

Thanks Gabbs and Ron I'm contemplating getting a 30 gal to convert into a bigger sump. I may take it home today to see if it could physically get in underneath my stand without having to move my 75 gal. If it can, then I'll put the baffles in, if not, then i may add another new piece on to the existing sump to expand it a bit. I'll let you'll know what happens

i think that it could work, but why do you want to switch?

i think that it could work, but why do you want to switch?

Well, I have to keep the water level in the return chamber of my sump really low because when the power cuts, my sea-swirl back siphons quite a bit. I need to try a bigger hole in my sea-swirl first like Tom suggested, but I still wouldn't mind the extra gallons:)

Back