Krish's New 75 gal "Thing-a-ma-bob"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

So I ordered a hell of a lot of stuff today from Premium Aquatics to try out a few things. I have a few ideas for my sea-swirl as well as maybe an optional closed loop. I will make my decision when everything gets here and I toy with it a bit. I guess I'll still be "moron cycling" my tank a bit longer by the looks of things:)

So I ordered a hell of a lot of stuff today from Premium Aquatics to try out a few things. I have a few ideas for my sea-swirl as well as maybe an optional closed loop. I will make my decision when everything gets here and I toy with it a bit. I guess I'll still be "moron cycling" my tank a bit longer by the looks of things

LMBO!!!! ohh dood you're hilarious.... just keep moroning around :lol:

I just wanted to update the expansion on my sump here as well. In addition, I will be adding more flow using a closed loop this time for more flow with some lockline fittings and and acrylic blue cover to cover the intake pipe for the cl. That idea is still it the works though. I have to decide on a pump, but other than that I have everything else what I would need:)

Here's the link to how the sump was put together
http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13412

And here's the end product:)

kirsh buddy u wouldnt need any more water movement in that tank with ur tunze but will be good anyway it u want more coraline on ur rocks then get water moevment over them cause coraline likes strong water flow dude
plz dont put fake coral in ur tank it just looks tacky imo
take care dude keep up the good work

kirsh buddy u wouldnt need any more water movement in that tank with ur tunze but will be good anyway it u want more coraline on ur rocks then get water moevment over them cause coraline likes strong water flow dude
plz dont put fake coral in ur tank it just looks tacky imo
take care dude keep up the good work

LMBO! Thanks man and yeah, I'd rather have bare rocks than fake corals:lol: Naw...It will be real corals man so don't worry. The Tunze give great movement, but my tank is lacking strong enough flow in 2 spots. Instead of adding another Tunze and possibly still missing, I'll just add a small CL. Two outputs and "probably" 600 gph per nozzle. Not sure yet though. I've got to think it through a bit a bit more. I'll get into that when I finish re-plumbing my skimmer to be able to move the sump over to the left (for more space) as well as figure up something with a filter sock holder I got (with filter sock) to be able to use it whenever I blow off my rocks. :)

Looking good Krish! I love how clean your sump area looks. You do an amazing job with it.

Thanks Ron...It's extra clean in the photo because I had to take it down to do the work so I just cleaned it one time. Getting there though:)

Here's a link to my DIY project I just finished...I think:)

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13588

As for the tank, I had something like a "secondary cycle" or something going on in there and started to get some funny colored green rocks(LOL) I thought it may have come from me taking down my sump the other day and cleaning it like new, to expand, but I don't think that is the main cause even though I'm sure it helped. My phosban had this dumb air pocket underneath it from when I added the media about 2 months ago. Everyday I checked it, it was still there so I figured it wouldn't cause any problem. Well after scratching my head and thinking about shoving the whole tank stand canopy and everything in the oven to cook(LOL) I noticed something...The darn phosban belches a huge bubble every so often sending the media everywhere! Not sure if this will release phosphate or what back, but I know they aren't supposed to knock together so.........I took the phosban down, changed the media, removed a few rocks (don't tell Nikki:D) and scrubbed them to get the crap off. I also relocated a few rocks to allow them to get better flow with the addition of the CL and man! The tanks looks great! I finally removed the prefilter sponge for good out of my CPR as well as the strainer (thanks Steve:)) and I even tossed the prefilter for the aqualifter. I have 3 spares so I'll see how long they last without it:D Here's a photo of the tank with the new CL and I will update photos tomorrow of the rocks so you guys can see what colors I have going on in there...Alot of different shades of coraline! And oh yeah, I'm running my sump light 24/7 to see what happens...Hopefully nothing bad. I will have to watch the temp etc:)

I still love your tank Krish. Your DIY project is awsome, you put alot of thought into it and benifited from it.

You have come leeps and bounds from where you were when I came here. It's been a pleasure to watch you grow and shrink all at the same time. Looking forward to the next few months.

I still love your tank Krish. Your DIY project is awsome, you put alot of thought into it and benifited from it.

You have come leeps and bounds from where you were when I came here. It's been a pleasure to watch you grow and shrink all at the same time. Looking forward to the next few months.

Thanks man...But I think you have came a lot further than me! I mean you are building tanks!(LOL) Just goes to show what hanging around a place like this does for you. What will I think of next???:)

I don't think I have come any further than you have. You have your own LFS in your backyard. I have a good imagination and pretend I have fish in my backyard :)

I don't think I have come any further than you have. You have your own LFS in your backyard. I have a good imagination and pretend I have fish in my backyard

Ahhh...But you can imagine! That takes a little more:lol:

Since I'll be adding in corals and I'm going to need new lights, I have the guy who built all of our cabinets in our place, re-build my canopy for me. I would have done it, but believe it or not, I don't have the time. It will be taller than the one I have now and will open from the front this time so I can do my water change without having to take the canopy off. I will post pictures when I get it. It will be a few days though because he is also building this big "A" thing my wife wants for the baby's room so...See what I mean, her projects are so much more expensive!(LOL) What she's having done is about $1800.00. Can't wait to show her the lights I need:D

what !!! 1800 :eek: that sounds like gold to me and i don't think you can spend that much money on a crib :confused: can you?
stroller made out of wood? hmmm changing table?? instant potty for when he gets older? what is it ??? !!!!
well you know what type of lights i like dood and i'm sticking to that :p , i don't know what Steve would say, but i'm going with the Hamiltons :) and like i told you the website i showed you, it's the only place i can trust with my lights.

Can I hijack the hijackers???? I cant wait to get my 2-250 watt DE's up and going..SOON, they will be over the tank!!!

Can I hijack the hijackers???? I cant wait to get my 2-250 watt DE's up and going..SOON, they will be over the tank!!!

LOL...On my threads it's not called hijacking:lol: You can do anything here:D
Make sure post some photos!

what !!! 1800 that sounds like gold to me and i don't think you can spend that much money on a crib can you?
stroller made out of wood? hmmm changing table?? instant potty for when he gets older? what is it ??? !!!!
well you know what type of lights i like dood and i'm sticking to that , i don't know what Steve would say, but i'm going with the Hamiltons and like i told you the website i showed you, it's the only place i can trust with my lights.

LOL...It's something! Hmmm...It's has drawers and cupboards at the bottom, a changing table, and shelves going up. It will be 6 feet wide and about 8ft tall. I guess it costs a bit because it will be ade out of real wood and not MDF and will be formica'd inside and out. I'll post a photo for you Gabbs:)

Real wood is steep. Then you got real wood in the Bahamas. Thats got to be steep. I got these bulbs from cooltouchlighting. 14000k I like them better than hamiltons. I have a set of those too. I think the next ones I order will be xm 20000k

Back