Krish's "Rubik's cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

LOL! It's 38 gallons. I had it custom built as well as the sump. I turn over the tank's volume about 104 times per hour (minus whatever headloss) Hella fun!!!:D

That purple spiky blob of polyps is TEH EVIL. Ditch it, quick, seriously. It's brown star polyps, and they will spread faster than anything in your tank. Very aggressive.

I'm still excited about that seamat/paly-blob thing. I can't wait to see how it matures/evolves. And the new zoas... I'm thinking you're going to introduce a couple new ones to the hobby. Krish's Flying Saucers, because of the ring of green lights around the body. :)

That purple spiky blob of polyps is TEH EVIL. Ditch it, quick, seriously. It's brown star polyps, and they will spread faster than anything in your tank. Very aggressive.

Oh yeah! :eek: So do I ditch this guy too?

I'm still excited about that seamat/paly-blob thing. I can't wait to see how it matures/evolves. And the new zoas... I'm thinking you're going to introduce a couple new ones to the hobby. Krish's Flying Saucers, because of the ring of green lights around the body

Yeah...He's doing much better since I put on the 10K XM. I almost got more when I was out the other day, but where the one I had didn't open much up to that point, I figured I'd hold off. The zoos are cool as well....I gotta get more of them. I love my carpet anemone as well. He out a bit more this morning. Too bad my clowns can't host him:p

I have to make a decision today on a pendant and bulb and I'm stomped. I think it will end up being and "eenie meenie miney mo" at this point :doubt: I'll let you guys know what I end up with.:)

Which models are you looking at?
About the brown star polys, they will spread the moment you ignore them for a couple days. It seems it is impossible to get them out of a tank.
I've wire brushed rocks, used kalkwasser paste, and it still pops up in different places.
However you seem to keep a pretty close watch on everything and not afraid to make drastic changes when called for.

As of now, I think I'm going with the single PFO pendant, and a 14K Hamilton bulb. I want something less blue thean the 12K Reeflux I had (that looked liikema 20K XM) and something more blue than the 10K XM I have now. :)

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc..._Code=PFO-PENDANT&Category_Code=Pendantshells

About the brown star polyps, is that photo I just posted the a brown star polyp as well? If so, I will put all back and replace them with some more zoos:D

Yeah I have and I love them, but needed something with a lens to protect my bulb and also something I can get from Premium Aquatics:)

That last picture looks like something I've seen as stick polyps. Safer than just regular brown star polyps.
I'd keep it.

That last picture looks like something I've seen as stick polyps. Safer than just regular brown star polyps.
I'd keep it.

LOL...I already removed it and put it in a bucket to put back :oops: I won't take the chance...I'll do like you said and get more zoo's and maybe more of those sea mat thingys:D

I ordered my pendant and bulb today. Here's what I decided to go with which is the same as the one in the link above http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc..._Code=PFO-PENDANT&Category_Code=Pendantshells

and I said I'll try a Hamilton 14K this time:)

i think you'll be happy with the lights you want dood .
i mean the first one you showed me was good and i liked it but naww i think you'll be better with that one :).

I think this weekend i am going to put some new corals in my tank. (gorgonias)

Krish,

I was wondering what are your parameters?

I'd trade you something for it if I could.
I liked it.

I don't trade...I give. Too bad you guys don't live this way :doubt:

i think you'll be happy with the lights you want dood .
i mean the first one you showed me was good and i liked it but naww i think you'll be better with that one .

I hope so...You have been advertising these Hamilton's to me forever so I'm holding you resposible:p

I think this weekend i am going to put some new corals in my tank. (gorgonias)

Krish,

I was wondering what are your parameters?

On the 4th (I think or the 6th) of this month, I posted my parameters here on this thread. Here are the numbers again. Since that date, I have increased the Alk doseage a tad bit to bring it up some, but I haven't tested since. I'm waiting for the weekend:)

PH - 8.2
Cal - 420 ppm
Mag - 1270
Alk - 2.63 meq/l (7.4 dkh)
Temp 81F
Nitrate - Un-detectable

I change 5 gals a week using Instant Ocean and I add 2 part B-Ionic daily. ( 5ml of calcium and 2.5 ml of Alk)

Yeah maybe i should hold off my Calcium is still low and so is my Alk pH is at 8.3 I think at least. I don't trust my pH pen all that much.

those are some close shots!!!!!!!! i have a good camera and i can't seem to get shots like that!!!

those are some close shots!!!!!!!! i have a good camera and i can't seem to get shots like that!!!

Yup! I don't shoot them that close though. I get as close as I can without distortion and then bring the picture back up on the camera, zoom that shot in as much as I can just before it distorts and then save that new pic. Shots 1, 3 and 4 from the first post of the zoos above are the same shot. Pic 1 is the original and then I zoomed in 3 and 4 and saved them:)

Those are some really nice looking zoanthids.
Are those pictures taken with the 10k bulb?

Back