Krish's "Rubik's cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks Martin and yeah they are under the 10K's. The only thing though is I have to adjust the ( I think it is called the over/under exposure setting) to make the photos less bright coming out of the camera because for some reason, with the white PVC board bottom, the refection is too bright out of the camera so I have to darken it some so you guys can see the different corals. Even the full tanks shots are like that. They are never accurate to the real thing. The tank is so much more colorful and bright, but through the camera, I can't get it much better because I have to darken it. Aw well...I guess you guys will have to make a trip here to see it first hand:p

Looks awesome for a tank that you wasn't sure what it would turn out to be

LOL! All it took was a bit of motivation and people teasing me to get it done:p I love the fact that all the corals are local. I can keep my water warmer than most tanks so my chiller doesn't have to work as hard and I get them from the most extreme conditions and places which means my tank may be like Paradise to some of them that spend most of their time in tidepools that get rained on changing the salinity and temperatures that would cook most corals. Very neat!:)

Oh yeah...My wife is starting to dig the tank now. I'll be looking for small fish next:)

I had to put back that anemone today :doubt: I woke up this morning and through the night, he threw over some rocks and stung a few of my gorgonians:shock: So I put him back in the water this morning at high tide...Aw well.

Reading back further a couple of pages, the gorgo and the sea matt look the same. Could it be that its a corky finger which is actually spreading gorgonian? If so, then your safe as they dont spread like star polyps. And also same for the big fuzzy dude on the right. Maybe be slightly different but same thing. By the way, the brownish pink ones dont spread as fast and the real brown ones do. Or green also. They are the worst. Another thing, could the baby anenome be a florida ricordia???? If so, you hit paydirt. Those sometimes run $90 a polyp. Of course if you were to sell them. Did they have any other colors and how big did you see them. Oh, and I just want to say it sucks not living next to the ocean where you are.

LOL! It sucks living here sometimes as well though:p That green thing I called a carpet anemone could possibly what you wait is was...I'll google it:) The reason why I said a green carpet anemone was because it was with about 10 other ones that were bigger and seemed kinda obvious that they were anemones to me, but I could be wrong. They were latched on into the sand...Really cool! I have the little green fellow living in my overflow. He seems to like it better there where the flow is not as strong. I'll have to get a shot of him in there when the tank lights come on:)

I just googled it and I think you are right! :eek: It does look like a Florida ricordia! Wow...That's insane! Maybe I should get some more:p

Krish what is your QT methods? One neat thing is everything is from one natural location, I guess you didn't need to read up on your inhabitants before putting them to together, your one of the few that would be so lucky, I would not recommend this to any others though because corals aren't all compatible.

Alright...Lets' see. Seeing the corals are from right here and the trip home isn't but 5-10 minutes, I don't particularily acclimate like everyone else does or quarentine in the same manner as other will have to as a result. It's a bit different coming out of the ocean compared to not having the stress of shipping, going from tank to tank etc before they find their resting place in someone's tank. My steps like I said are a bit different from the "norm", but no need to really expand because it may confuse some people to what they are told to do:p :D

Last edited:
It may not be a problem because your back yard is a reef, but if you start introducing corals from other parts of the world then you will have issues, this is where the learning comes into play, your acclimation procedures may also be unique to your application but would be dreadful anywheres else, this everyone must understand.

It may not be a problem because your back yard is a reef, but if you start introducing corals from other parts of the world then you will have issues, this is where the learning comes into play, your acclimation procedures may also be unique to your application but would be dreadful anywheres else, this everyone must understand.

Exactly...:) I edited my post above to clear it up a bit more. You're right on track. My ways won't work for others seeing I'm dealing with things from a totally different aspect. :)

How can you be sure that you aren't bringing in some type of parasite Krish? What happened to my tank is still an unknown, and if it was a pathogen of some sort, you could be in for the same type of thing. I know for a fact I will quarantine in the future, even if I know the tank my frags come from, it costs to much not to.

How can you be sure that you aren't bringing in some type of parasite Krish? What happened to my tank is still an unknown, and if it was a pathogen of some sort, you could be in for the same type of thing. I know for a fact I will quarantine in the future, even if I know the tank my frags come from, it costs to much not to.

I agree Charlie...And I honestly don't know what I can be adding to my tank, and that's why I don't really add any fish (still got the same 3 from the beginning except that wrasse that is gone) and my corals are mostly sticks(LOL) except for my most recent additions. It's a risk we all take and I'm very particular about what I keep. Still, I know I can add a parasite or two, but so far so good except for my bubble algae incadent. I'm easing up on the additions now so we'll see how it goes. Like I said, I wouldn't suggest anyone doing things the way I do, but that is just the way I opperate. We all take chances man...One way or the other;)

Back