• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Let's Build a store....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Store is lookin real good, all that hard work is paying off. Sooooo Eric & Becca you might need a lil snack to warm your souls

fresh out of the Smoker :hungry:
SmokedSalmonbatch1done11-1-12.jpg

Cheers, Todd
I'll be right over! :D

We want to thank several people who helped out today breaking down and relocating a fully stocked 180 gallon reef tank into the store. We will have to post pictures as soon as the sand settles.

THANK YOU Jacob(halmus),Devin(1guydude),Matt(crazyfish253), Dave(peppie), Ben(mercenary grunt), Jay, and of course Mike(mojo) and Eric(eww). You guys made an insurmountable amount of work seem like nothing. Thank you for giving up a good portion of you Saturday.

And Thank you Todd(tjl) for all the smoked salmon. We devoured one package during the tank move today....yummy!!!!

Just got done refreshing myself with the thread. Couple question. Are you going to do mostly aquacultured or wild caught livestock? Will you be doing trades or strictly selling. I know your a store, but some of us dont have money to throw around. I have bought alot of my corals, but i have also done alot of trading with the stores.

. Couple question. Are you going to do mostly aquacultured or wild caught livestock?

Their will be both, but the vast majority will be aqua-cultured. I will try a give you a picture of how we are going to set up the SPS and LPS tanks. So picture each tank being 6 feet by four feet and about 16 inches tall, with a center overflow of 1 ft. x 2 feet. We are going to build up the area around the overflow box to raise the level of it a little bit with rockwork. The plan then is to have the mother colony (or a fully grown colony) sitting here, then just in front of that will be the same colony but in a smaller version (small colonies) then in front of that frags of the same colony. We will do this all around the tanks with a variety of coral species. What we are trying to do is to let folks that only want a frag see what the actual coral looks like when it grows up, and with the small colonies, large frags and smaller more affordable frags we want to give folks multiple entry points into the coral based on what they can afford. Not sure if that discription gives off a good picture or not but that is the plan for both the SPS and the LPS tanks. The we have 3 tanks (32Lx20Hx20) set aside for all you zoo/acan/chalice/silly named coral folks, lol In here we plan on stuffing them with a ton of frags on raised tiers. I guarantee we will have a large group of zoo crazy zoo zombies just kind of rocking back and forth with wide eyes and a little bit of drool showing. Not to worry though we will have oxygen and water available;)

Will you be doing trades or strictly selling

Our plan for the store is to keep and sell livestock that is of the highest quality. To do this we have a 15 x 15 foot room dedicated to Quarantine systems. We have gone to the top experts in the the country for our quarantine system, it consists of multiple dips of of many medications and antibiotics every other day for weeks. Our goal is to make sure that when a fish or coral leaves the store it is fat and healthy just like me.......well...at least the fat part:spy: lol

So to answer your question we dont want to take in a bunch of corals/frags from a bunch of folks as it would make it real hard to keep the system in play with frags coming in at various times and in various conditions. But in saying that we are also part of the group of zombies I was talking about earlier so we might just be tempted for the kind of stuff we have a hard time finding.

mojo

I saw the store on saturday i think it was, OMG I cant wait till opening day ppl.
Eric, becca, and mike...i am very happy for all of you!

Let me know when you want me to fly up there Mojo and cut the ribbon for the grand opening. :D

Looking good so far! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK Mr acronym... :D We be gettin close. As of today all the fish tanks are set and plumbed. We are now working on the back room sumps and systems as well as getting the BIG tanks put together. Water should be flowing soon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

That is what all of us out here want to here!!!!!!!

PROGRESS!!!!!

Are we worthy of Pics??? or is it to the point were you must walk thru the Grand Opening doors, to get the WOW factor???

Ok, so today we have water....

photobucket-1303-1352580428574.jpg

photobucket-1014-1352580454152.jpg

Yes Dave that is a level line....

photobucket-12414-1352580485640.jpg

How awesome is this!!!!!!!

we will post larger pics at the end of the day this is just a quickie from cell phone...this is just so exciting I couldn't wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a great day for Reefers in the NW!!!!

Great job guys and gal!!!

Please tell me there wasnt any water running out the back door!!! LOL

As promised here are some larger pics of the long anticipated moment....

first a trial run.....

DSC_0070.jpg

Hey Mike open up the valve already!!!!!

DSC_0077.jpg

Oh yeah that's what I'm talking about, let the water flow to the lower tanks

DSC_0079.jpg

now let's add some salt and get these bad boys cycled.

DSC_0082.jpg

good to see...any idea on date of opening day?

I asked Mike that same question this past weekend, and I was told

We still need to build the large show tank, and for that to happen I need to fix my tank building chair. ( It seems to have a problem with the drive train )
Something about the gearing. IDK
But it could be months before the chair is working at the proper speed.

SSSHHHHHHHH

I think Mike has a patten pending on this.
I have heard all about it. I havent yet had the opportunity to see it in action.
Eric and Becca are the only two that have witnessed this Glass Aquarium Building Tool.

I'm thinking that it can not be repaired at the shop. Sad to say it will need some special parts.
I dont even think Mike will allow a pic of it to be posted.

Back