Makeme1098's Neo 90

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

No i couldnt justify spending the amount of money they wanted for the stand and hood, when I knew with some time and patience and alot less money I could build my own...so here are a few pics for now.

Nice looking set up!! Good thing you didn't buy the manufacture stand. When I was looking at the set-up, there was a center brace on the stand and it was right below the overflow holes!!

Thanks! I noticed that, then when I was building my stand I almost did the same thing, but I caught it early enough where it wasnt to big of a deal to change.

oh, yes!! finally spent some time to work on the stand today. Check it out!

Last week
DSCF1810.jpg

Today
DSCF1818.jpg

I'm going to stain the stand with red mahogany finish. I did the first layer today and it's drying right now. I'm going to sand it and maybe do 3 to 4 layers total.

looking good! you doing a stained finish or painted stand?

looking good! like the finish! whats the plans for the doors and canopy?

Hey Jag,

I have plywood already cut out for the doors so I should be able to put them togeather and stain this weekend. For the canopy, I need to draw a blue print soon. It will house 250W Lumen-mini and 6-24watt T5s. Not sure where to start though.

Now, I'm going to check out your thread to see how far you got with your build!!

Hey Jag,

I have plywood already cut out for the doors so I should be able to put them togeather and stain this weekend. For the canopy, I need to draw a blue print soon. It will house 250W Lumen-mini and 6-24watt T5s. Not sure where to start though.

Now, I'm going to check out your thread to see how far you got with your build!!

I took some more close up pics of my hood and how I built it so you can see what i did, i know it always helps me to see what everyone else does. I will tell you though this is the 3rd canopy i have built, and i am very pleased with how it turned out...very sturdy, yet light weight if i need to remove it. So check out my build thread for those pictures. Good luck, let me know if you have any questions.

My system crashed twice in 2 years and lost so many corals.......I didn't even bother to take the dead skeletons out.
Now look at this. This piece came back to life after several months (10 months ish) of just being a dead piece in the tank. I actually mounted a frog of Arco to it before.

Back