Matt's 100 gallon Rimless OBD system

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Did u use any established rock or sand...or all new?
D
Thanks for the compliments! No I used all new sand and rock but I bought a detrivore kit from Indo pacific sea farms. Worms, pods, live sand starter, wonder mud, etc. plus I've added 4000 pods from reefs2go. I may try more starter sand from there or inland aquatics. Though shipping is a lot from there. $50 no matter what you order!

Tank looks great!

Snails are sort of a nightmare in rimless tanks. Nerites are the worst for escaping so I don't even bother with them anymore. Virgin nerites however are pretty cool and I haven't had one of them leave my rimless yet. My favorites are ceriths, dwarf ceriths, virgin nerites, turbos, and of course a few nassarius. Dwarf ceriths like to gather near the top of the tank but rarely leave it, although I've found a few on the floor from time to time.

Had my first fish casualty. Lubbock wrasse jumped out while I was powerheading off my rocks. Didn't see him for about 5 minutes, by then it was too late. :(

Had my first fish casualty. Lubbock wrasse jumped out while I was powerheading off my rocks. Didn't see him for about 5 minutes, by then it was too late. :(

I'm so sorry to hear this, darn wrasses will break your heart :(

You have made a beautiful tank, I like the aquascape, the two island look is always a good choice.

Thanks for the compliment. I like the 2 island look. I'll probably be getting another Lubbock wrasse. Liked him a lot, good personality! Always out and doesn't bug anyone.

Me too! I don't have very much patience.

Yes, OBD made me a beautiful tank, light, stand, and sump!

I agree with the patience statement it is hard sometimes. I am struggling right now with having over 600.00 worth of LEDs and heat sinks that have been sitting in my garage for a few months and no time for the build....

Love how your tank is going.. I am behind.. gotta catch up.. I am still waiting for color in the tank and the bacteria bloom to go away.. Hey how did you set up your reactors..PM me with details.. I only have one right now..

Got some more fish and a burgundy linkia starfish. A couple of iPhone pics, got a Canon PowerShot for my birthday today (from my awesome wife) so I'll see if I can get some better ones tomorrow.

fvth.jpg

Starfish

zh4e.jpg

Got 3 female and one male Lyretail Anthias. Here's one of the girls.

xkeq.jpg

Here's the guy. My wife calls him "Pimp Daddy".

zysg.jpg

Sponge. Maybe kind of boring, but I think it's cool.

Looking good Matt. Where's the FTS?

Eric
Oceans by Design
1055 Andover Park E
Tukwila, WA 98188
206-575-5006

Back