Mouse's 125 peninsula dream + 2

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Plumbing done

o.K. the plumbing is all done and I'm testing the CL right now..
Got the "Bernie" (I think) style overflow with gate valve..
Tried bone fans and nozzles on the lock line returns for the CL
I like the nozzles better..
The first test, I found one leak but it was on a threaded fitting so I took it apart ( I love true unions) and re did it..
Now no leaks.. Gonna let it run for a few hours to test for more leaks...
the orange pipe hanging down in the side of the sump is my emergence overflow in case the gate valve main gets clogged or what not. and is not glued to the 45 elbow..

o.K. the plumbing is all done and I'm testing the CL right now..
Got the "Bernie" (I think) style overflow with gate valve..
Tried bone fans and nozzles on the lock line returns for the CL
I like the nozzles better..
The first test, I found one leak but it was on a threaded fitting so I took it apart ( I love true unions) and re did it..
Now no leaks.. Gonna let it run for a few hours to test for more leaks...
the orange pipe hanging down in the side of the sump is my emergence overflow in case the gate valve main gets clogged or what not. and is not glued to the 45 elbow..

Thats nice real nice!!!

The plumbing

hers the under side all done..
Except route and tack up all the wires
Gonna wait till the rest of the hardware is under there then do that..
i prolly should start in the back and work my way out.. LOL
I'm small enough to get in there.. We'll see..

behind the coast to coast overflow

Jason did me a "solid" and made these little 1/8th inch black acrylic pieces with strips of double back tape on them to stick over the sides and back of the tank to hide the overflow box... and a couble 1/2" black acrylic covers with handles (you can see one on in the pic)for the two holes over the overflow.
Inside them is a 3/4" return line and two 1 1/2 inch overflow stand pipes.. one is 5 inches shorter than the other to be the "main" and the taller one "emergency" top is just below the bottom of the teeth of the coast to coast overflow.
You cant see the tall one it's behind the return line in the pics..

Thanks everyone for the encouragement..
The last few days of stressing on how to do this plumbing and not sure if there are gonna be leaks, the only thing getting me back on the job is comeing on here and reading the positive words from you all.
Remember.
I this is my FIRST big tank..'
I'm kindda freaked out..

One last thing, my MAG 7 return pump for the 29 gallon is louder than this dart pump.
Heck I think my little back pack skimmer with MJ 1200 mod is louder then this DART pump

Sweet sweet Adam and Crystal can't wait to see this baby in person me drooling looking at it :) I can't wait till I can do a bigger tank.

Adam,

Everything looks real nice. Glad to see you are getting things up and running. I don't see any ball valves in the plumbing. Have you thought about what you will do if you have to pull the closed loop pump off for cleaning or replacement?

The ball valves are there. Adam just didn't get a good pic. They are closer to the top of the stand. they are gray with red knob.

Back