My 240

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Your tank and stand is beautiful Marty.
You should be very proud of them.
I really like the finish on the cabinets. The lighter colors show less dust and fingerprints. :)
The aquascape looks good to me too, but it's always fun to *fiddle*.
Your corals are gorgeous.

Congratulations!
Vicki

wow finn I am really impressed and you can pm your bluebrints for your stand and canopy I wont tell no one:D

looks great! what did you use to paint the overflows I was looking at that site but saw clear overflows and did not think twice about ordering one.

and Im serious pm me the blue prints lol!

wow finn I am really impressed and you can pm your bluebrints for your stand and canopy I wont tell no one:D

looks great! what did you use to paint the overflows I was looking at that site but saw clear overflows and did not think twice about ordering one.

and Im serious pm me the blue prints lol!

I bought a sheet of 2050 blue acrylic 1/4" from Cal Sak near Kent. I think it was about $128. Gave enough to Jason at Clear Fabrications to make the overflows. Glued them in with silicone. Then I cut 3 pieces and siliconed them on the inside back glass between the overflow boxes.
They actually sent me black overflow boxes, but I had already planned blue ones.

I just went and bought 3 sheets of 3/4" oak veneer plywood, 1 sheet of 3/4" a/c plywood and a dozen 2x4's and just started building. The only thing that was written down was the ouside dimentions of stand.
Once I had the stand roughed in, and most important, the opening on the end of the stand, I called Jason a call and ordered the sump.

Haven't gotten much done, but I'm always doing something to it. How's that work?
I did get the chiller plumbed in and programed. Have to say that was successful.
The first week the temp went up to 83.5 and down to only 80 at night, and the temps have been pretty mild lately.
So now it is 79 or so in the morning and at the end of the day 80.5.
That's good enough for me.
I am have a issue with micro bubbles coming from my closed loop/sea-swirls.
Anybody have any tips for sea-swirls, I'm listening.

I think the sea-swirls have to go. I can't find the point where there is air being sucked into the lines that are createing the micro bubbles.
I think a pair of Tunze 6000 with a controller would be great.

I did have two of the modded maxi-jets, but both stopped working for me after about 6 months.

I think the sea-swirls have to go. I can't find the point where there is air being sucked into the lines that are createing the micro bubbles.

I never had an issue with mine shooting bubbles when i had my 75gal Martin. Is it on your sump return? If so, there aren't by any chance any microbubbles in the return chamber huh that are just being transferred? The only other thing that comes to mind is if the plumbing needs a bit of sliming first, but I ddn't have that problem. If you still wanted some sort of "wave maker" on that output, the wavy sea is supposed to be superior to the sea swirl and is controllable. Also, you can mount powerheads like Tunzes to them!:D Imagine 5,000+ gph on a rotator!:eek:

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...Product_Code=FC-WV-B&Category_Code=Wavemaking

Wow! The tank looks great, nice to see the update. I think I need to work on quitting my tank down too. It sounds like a dishwasher going right now.

I never had an issue with mine shooting bubbles when i had my 75gal Martin. Is it on your sump return? If so, there aren't by any chance any microbubbles in the return chamber huh that are just being transferred? The only other thing that comes to mind is if the plumbing needs a bit of sliming first, but I ddn't have that problem. If you still wanted some sort of "wave maker" on that output, the wavy sea is supposed to be superior to the sea swirl and is controllable. Also, you can mount powerheads like Tunzes to them!:D Imagine 5,000+ gph on a rotator!:eek:

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...Product_Code=FC-WV-B&Category_Code=Wavemaking

The sea-swirls are on a closed loop. I used a Poseidon P-4 with a over the top pvc suction side.

Wow! The tank looks great, nice to see the update. I think I need to work on quitting my tank down too. It sounds like a dishwasher going right now.
So far I am really happy with the lack of noise.
The loudest thing is the recirc pump on the skimmer and I'm still working on that.

I do hear a tiny bit of water as it flows though the teeth on one overflow box.
It just needs a little adjustment.

The sea-swirls are on a closed loop. I used a Poseidon P-4 with a over the top pvc suction side.

Maybe the plumbing needs to slime up some then or there is air in the lines. Like I said, never had an issue, but it's possible you could have gotten a "dud". Hopefully it just needs sliming up some :)

Decided to take a few pictures today.
Tried to take some of the fish but most are just too fast to get a good picture.
Haven't done much on the tank. I did get the chiller dialed in. 79-80 day and night. I still look at the temp almost everytime I walk by.
Do you ever not look?
I also added another mod to my skimmer which is the ASM G-4x. It has the sedra 9000 as a recirc pump. I added a sedra 2500 needlewheel as the feed pump which adds just a little more bubbles to the mix.
I'm going to add a couple cherub angels and a black cap basslet to the tank in about a week. They are in a q-tank now.

Great shots Martin!!! I don't care what anyone says, the blue background is the nicest!!! I miss it on my old 75gal! You may have sparked some DIY for the pod;)

Back