My 24gal "Pod"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish,

This must be a record for you....you haven't down sized in how long?

Just kidding buddy.

Thos look like cool fish! I really like your native tank Idea! You do an amazing job man.

ROFL!!!Thanks Ron! You know, I've been thinking a big tank again, but I had to refrain myself:p I will get more variety of fish and life in there soon;)

So are there any COOL native fish? I totally agree, a native tank ROCKS, but hopefully you have the option of one awesome showfish, to stand out as a subject in the tank. Something like a mystery wrasse would be cool! Or some other super-flashy fish.

Yeah...There are tons of "flashy" fish I could add in there...I just have to be in the right place at the right time and tide because I'm not gettng in the water:p The fact that I will have all local stuff in there means I can catch whatever and when it grows to big I could toss it back and not worry about introducing anything foreign into our waters. I'm wondering though if I need to treat the tank with anything seeing I had the clown in it or should I be cool seeing I've had that clown for a year...

Anyways, for a nice stand out fish, I was thinking a juvenile queen or french angel that I've caught about the size of a quarter before, amongst other cool fish around here. I' contemplating the sand bed again so I could really add in some cool stuff! I think I want to toss in all sorts of weird things for a change.:)

Bad thing about those is that they're mostly found in deeper waters, so Krish get that SCUBA gear ready, that's an awesome fish.

LOL!! I was just going to say that and also I'd need something to numb my skin because I can't handle cold water:p I'll fly one of you guys down and let you dive for me(LOL)

I think I'm probably going to get some sand again seeing I will be keeping native stuff in my tank. I want some goby's etc so we'll see. I love the look of sand, but hate the idea of sand(LOL)

LOL!!! Well, I am kinda limited on what I can keep and we have so many cool goby's and wrasses here so I'm thinking about it. If I put in sand and start reading nitrates then out it goes:p

Don't say that! I have the sand on order!!!:eek: (LOL) I liked the grain of fiji pink so I'm getting a bag. I guess I'll contemplate using it when it gets here:p

my sand bed aint dirty atleast it dont look it
are u going back to sand krish
imo i do think having a 1-2cm of sand gives a more overall ashetic appelle to the tank

ROFL!!! I'm a bb freak man and sand will only be for this tank "IF" I use it. I'd never run a sand bed in a bigger tank, but seeing I'm limited on fish, I think it gives me more options. :)

Just checked my e-mail and my nano stream, sand and other stuff was shipped out today so I should have them next week:)

Last edited:
Small update:)

The tank is finally all native species!:D I took out the clown today and so I have all native fish as well as corals in my tank. I also, boiled for the 3rd time another 2 rocks that I took out the other day with the lobophora on it (needed to make sure I killed it good;) ) and will probably be adding them back in when I get my nano stream after the rocks have had some time to dry out from sitting in the boiling water. I need to see how they look in there first though before I decide if I will use them...Even more so if they fit. My main reason for wanting to add them was to make more hiding places for my fish and not for any filtration purposes. Also, still haven't decided on the sand eventhough it is on the way...I guess it will probably stay out unless I find a really nice wrasse or goby that I have to add then I'll give it a shot...Maybe:)

Back