My 300 Gallon sps tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i might make it the rest of the way through this thread in the next couple days, but jumped to the end to say Happy New Year!

wair, i thought thats why we were friends.. so you'd always be able to look over, point and say 'well at least i'm not as nuts as she is!' :),

wair, i thought thats why we were friends.. so you'd always be able to look over, point and say 'well at least i'm not as nuts as she is!' :),

Well, if you have read half of this thing................... you are obviously aware that I know a bunch of nutty people who really just wanna have fun and grow coral, that is what this stupid hobby is all about anyways, havin fun and bein nuts.

Now........................... back to my Crown Royal :) :) :)

Hope your crown royal is keeping you warm, hear its pretty chilly there now.
I made it the rest of the way through the thread, and while you may think its nuts, what is awesome about it is to see the ups and downs. I know you didn't enjoy them much, but well, you see a lot of really amazing tanks out there. It starts to make your own tank look deficient sometimes, and your patience can wane.. or you have a set back and think you'll never get the tank the way you really want it to be. Reading through threads like these reenforce the 'patience and perseverance' it takes to do this, and do it well. Thanks for taking the time to document the tough times and well as the good ones :)

You are very welcome. The one thing that one person told me was to have patience. Thru the years and the many ups and downs that you mentioned, I would call this person and all he would say was, give it time, with maybe a couple of things to try that may help. I find that lately, people put tanks up and expect them to look like a mature tank in 3-4 months. that just doesn't happen. My other feeling is, that since this is a constantly changing little ecosystem that we build, the tank is never mature :).
So the best thing to do is sit back with a beverage of your choice, roll with the punches and sit back and enjoy the damn thing, this is a hobby isn't it, it is supposed to be FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't see alot of folks having alot of FUN, lately ;).

ah, yes, the two true challenges. How to be patient, and how to keep things stable and consistent while in a constant state of flux. :)
If it weren't for the challenges, it really wouldn't be any fun.. although, there are times we could all use a little less 'fun'

I could say something............................ but I just got here, I don't wanna get kicked out this soon ;).

If you don't feel you can speak your mind, then it isn't worth staying anyway. :) Course, if you get kicked out, you can't go blaming me!!!!

LOL.................................. you would be a good one to blame.................... I will keep that in mind.

careful with that as it might backfire. Given your concern, if you DO blame me, I might be touted a hero. *grin*

Back