My 300----- the Rebuild

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hi all!!! Yeah, this isn't my thread, tough!! Last week, we made a trip over to Montana, to visit Angie's Dad. While over there, we had the pleasure of invading Charlie's home. Funny thing is, when we first met Charlie, he was bringing us several corals to start out our very first reef tank. His price was extremely high, but what did I know about corals at the time, so we paid his asking price. If I remember right, it was a case or half rack of beer...lol. Since then, Charlie and I have had the pleasure of sharing a few beers a couple other times. Anyway, upon first meeting Charlie, and he and Angie talking (she was born and raised in Montana) we found out that Charlie and her Dad used to bowl against one another!! Small world!!

So, this trip over, we finally got to see Charlie's beautiful 300 gallon tank. We also had a nice BBQ and a beer or 2, or 8 or ???

I took the opportunity to take some pictures of his tank. Here they are. I'll let Charlie deal with the names of some of the fish and corals...lol.

Ohh, almost forgot. I also got the pleasure of using one of Matt's finely made "top down" boxes!! I meant to pick one up from Charlie while there, and totally forgot!! I'll start with some top down shots.

3639477314_4cd78a30c8_b.jpg

3639476746_1501b16d3b_b.jpg

3638666541_70b21f3ed4_b.jpg

One of the most beautiful Hammer Corals I've ever seen!!
3639475380_0a4854ef1b_b.jpg

Well, I have let this thread slide into near oblivion, so here is an update for the month of May. Things are goin rather well, I just added a bunch more snails and some Scarlet reef hermits to keep life interesting.
To all of you that may wander by this thread................enjoy!!!

IMG_1824.JPG

IMG_1829.JPG

IMG_1832.JPG

IMG_1834.JPG

IMG_1843.JPG

IMG_1844.JPG

IMG_1858.JPG

IMG_1862.JPG

IMG_1880.JPG

hi very nice tank:)whats that coral 6th pic?

Nice aquariums. I'm not sure how I missed this thread.

I have a couple questions:
1: Do the emperor angel and blonde naso get along, lol?
2: OMG, you have a lot of plug-ins for that 300. What all are you running on that thing?

and again, looks great! I love the setosa, wish mine would grow a bit quicker!

Nice aquariums. I'm not sure how I missed this thread.

I have a couple questions:
1: Do the emperor angel and blonde naso get along, lol?
2: OMG, you have a lot of plug-ins for that 300. What all are you running on that thing?

and again, looks great! I love the setosa, wish mine would grow a bit quicker!

Thanx for the compliments!!!!

Can I get back to you a little later Brandy? I am getting ready to head to work, and it is gonna take a while.:D:D:D:D
Everybody gets along.............................................so far. I just keep my fingers crossed.

Question #1 was a joke because of the pic Michael took of them. It looks as though they are discussing who's boss.

LOL Brandy, after reading your take on that particular picture, I went back and looked at it again. You're absolutely right!! They're either discussing who's boss, or conspiring against all the other tank mates!!

3638662835_278355dc9e_b.jpg

Another thought, it seems I've seen a picture Charlie took awhile back, that's very similar. This must be a common meeting that they hold.

hehe, yeah. Notice how their colors on their heads are changed/faded and the emperor angel's dorsal fin is spiked, they may even be debating about religion or politics! :razz:

Back