My 300----- the Rebuild

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Here ya go, today's update. Main returns are redone, still working on the microbubbles.

IMG_7701.JPG.jpg

IMG_7704.JPG.jpg

IMG_7705.JPG.jpg

Boy she sure cleared up, looks great. Did you get my PM about swapping the Barracuda & Whaoo for the return?

Yeah, when I was talking to you this morning, I had a hunch that you may not have caught what I meant. Probablyt as much my fault for not making my self clear!!!:oops:
Anyways, you want me to take a pic of what I meant, I can certainly do that!!!!

Hey Scooter, do you think I could run 3/4" pipe the length of the tank, and make a spray bar using those Loc-Line ball valves as flow regulators. That way I would have control of what went where? I was thinking eductors, but could this be a little more efficient for my application?

Hey Scooter, do you think I could run 3/4" pipe the length of the tank, and make a spray bar using those Loc-Line ball valves as flow regulators. That way I would have control of what went where? I was thinking eductors, but could this be a little more efficient for my application?

Rather buy the Eductors, If you already have the Loc-line ball valves, It only will cost you some PVC & Time to see how well it works. One thing about plumbing I've learned & why I re-plumbed so much, Is because I wasn't scared to try things, some worked & some didn't but now I like it more than ever :D
You will get great flow as mentioned but you may get even greater flow with the eductors, I'd say use what you got first then later maybe try the eductors If you feel like you need more but remember eductors pressure out lots of water, you may not want that!

Well, I might like the flow from the eductors, but PA told me it would drive 2 for sure. I would like to try to diversify it a bit, hence the spray bar theory. I will give it a go with the Loc-line first, and see what happens. I only seem to have 2 real trouble spots and both of them are under the large live rock structures.
I just looked, and I must have done something right somewhere. The piles of garbage moved about6" towards the front, I may be able to access that easier with a powerhead now.
How often would you suggest I blow the rocks off, especially in the beginning?

How often would you suggest I blow the rocks off, especially in the beginning?

Before Krish tell you once every hour I'll chime in.:) Every couple days is more than fine. You will see how often it needs to be done after doing it for awhile.

Don

Before Krish tell you once every hour I'll chime in. Every couple days is more than fine. You will see how often it needs to be done after doing it for awhile.

Don

I was just going to tell Charlie pull out the rocks everyday and swish them in a bucket :lol: Don't try it for true though Charlie...Don't forget the moron cycle I was guilty of :p

Before Krish tell you once every hour I'll chime in.:) Every couple days is more than fine. You will see how often it needs to be done after doing it for awhile.

Don

Let me think about this for a while.:):)

I was just going to tell Charlie pull the rocks everyday and swish them in a bucket :lol:

Can't I do em every other day, I remember what it was like putting them in.:eek: That almost hurt.

Back