My 300----- the Rebuild

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well, since it is a little on the early side, I have a question for you folks that have, or have had, BB tanks. When you did your WC, did you siphon the crap out of the main tank at the same time, or was that a separate happening. I know this sounds stupid, but I am new to this BB stuff, and I need some advice.

Well, since it is a little on the early side, I have a question for you folks that have, or have had, BB tanks. When you did your WC, did you siphon the crap out of the main tank at the same time, or was that a separate happening. I know this sounds stupid, but I am new to this BB stuff, and I need some advice.

I would do it at the same time, since it was always in the same few spot there was no real work involved. If you can play with your flow and get it to accumulate in just a couple easy to get to spots it not a chore.

Don

Charlie I never vacuum my main display, the only thing that settles is LR shed, no kidding, It all goes into the sump but that is the benefit of a CC overflow, I'd never go back.

Charlie I never vacuum my main display, the only thing that settles is LR shed, no kidding, It all goes into the sump but that is the benefit of a CC overflow, I'd never go back.

Hey, just a question for you, is your LR still shedding a bunch? I expect to get quite a bit of shed, due to the fact that mine sat on a sandbed for close to 4 years. In fact I just thought of something pretty strange, last Saturday was 4 years to the day that I set it up originally. wierd huh?

Just an update, a buddy of mine took down his tank and presented me with some stuff for my tank. Hope you enjoy.:D:D:D

IMG_7727.JPG.jpg

IMG_7728.JPG.jpg

IMG_7730.JPG.jpg

LR will always shed, I always have to remove the beach that it creates every now & then!
I bet the fish love all of the clean water:D Did you ever get that CL running?

Not yet Scooter, it will be at least 2 weeks down the road, I have to go Wyoming for work next Saturday. It may have to wait until I get back from Vegas in fact. To much going on, not enough time!!!

Wow, Charlie. This thread totally slipped right by me!

Congratulations on getting the ol' neglected glass box back in order. When I was there, I could tell it was killing you. Everything already looks 100x better! I'll be tagging along with this one, now.

Wow, Charlie. This thread totally slipped right by me!

Congratulations on getting the ol' neglected glass box back in order. When I was there, I could tell it was killing you. Everything already looks 100x better! I'll be tagging along with this one, now.

That's allright Sherm, anything with the name willis in it has a tendency to slip every once in a while.:D:D

I am going to be away from my tank for 2 weeks, in fact I am in Idaho Falls right now, headed for Pinedale, Wyoming for work again.:confused::confused:

Lorie has control of things, and I have a good cell phone!!!

Back