My 300----- the Rebuild

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I figure I am going at about the same pace as Scooter is so things have to be good, right????:D:D:D Sorry Scooter, just had to throw that in.

LOL I still think you have a ways to go, If you want to slow down to my speed. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nice frags man!

Thought I would add a couple of frag shots just for grins.:D:D:D

IMG_8674.JPG

IMG_8675.JPG

IMG_8677.JPG

IMG_8678.JPG

IMG_8679.JPG

Just a couple of thoughts, I have been checking Ca and Alk. pretty often this past week and am finding that finally there is some shifts going on in both, which to me means that I am finally getting something going on in there. I have dime size spots of coralline starting to form on the bottom and slowly but surely, the rock is starting to cover over. I am at a little over 3 months into this little project, and I think I am finally going to have to do something about the different consumption levels.:D:D:D:D

One last thing, it is snowing here and I am getting just flat tired of that garbage!!!!

Thanx Scooter.
Up until about 2 weeks ago, water changes were doing the trick. Now that I have added more calcium munchers, I have started up with the CaCl2 again, and baking soda for the alk. If I ever get around to getting my Korallin to work, I suspect that may cure the dosing situation. I will need to get the levels up to where I want them before that tho.
I am going to shoot for 410-420 on the calcium, and between 2.9 and 3.1 meq/l on the alk.

The treatments that I did before the frags went into the system seems to have worked Sherm, that is a good thing for sure. I figure if I get them, it is my fault anyways!!!!
Are you and your family gonna visit the Flathead again this year?

Umm... I know we'd like to. I know my father in law would like us to even more. :) And now that you even have a reef to look at again, there's even more reason!

Well, you know you would be welcome!!! Maybe this year we could have a bit more time, and you could meet some of the folks up here, aka, a Saturday!!!
That and maybe the weather will be a bit more cooperative this time.

Name????

Ok Charlie I have been waiting what you going to Name her?

It is nice to be back in the mix Reed. I am waiting for some of our experts to chime in here and tell me how I am doing. The little black pup showed up last Friday, and Willis hasn't eaten her yet, so I guess things are OK:D:D:D.

Sand, sand, what means sand??? I will have a dsb in the fuge, probably 6".

lol...I hear ya on the "getting too old for this crap" part of puppies. I love em as they are cute and fun, but the lack of bladder control is just a big pain in the butt

Never to old for a new dog!

She will have you wrapped around a paw in no time!
Not to derail the thread but the Tank looks pretty swell also :)
Thanks for sharing the Pictures Charlie Have a great Day...
Jeff

Her name is Sadra, and I can't wait until she grows up. We haven't had a puppy around for 10 years, I'm gettin to old for this crap.

Got a few updated tank shots, just to keep this thing alive and well, hope you enjoy.

right side:
IMG_8852.jpg

center:
IMG_8854.jpg

left side:
IMG_8855.jpg

Going to sit back and let things grow for a while through the summer, I think I have way over extended my frag budget for the year!!!!:D

Back