My 90g reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Very nice setup you got going there!! How many days did it take for your tank to complete the cycle?

Have you decided on the light yet?

I precured the live rock for about 4 weeks and than took another couple once it was added to the display tank. Quality test kits make a huge difference. Looking at the Helios lights. The Taotronics are good lights, but want something a little more controlable.

Seattle, we have coral touchdown!! So did a little trading for a 150w HQI I have for a few coral frags 5 polyps rocks (eagle eyes/dragon eyes/yellow flacked/not sure/not sure), a really nice branching frogspawn head that about split into two, and a gold and brown monti. Letting them settle and will get some pics later tonight. Fish in QT are ding good. Sorry no pics, tank is painted, was used for spawning albino discus.

Hey Sedro, I use Salifert kits.

Yeah pics!!
1stcorals014_zps82e32e10.jpg
Dragon Eye's
1stcorals013_zps04e9849f.jpg
1stcorals008_zpsc5f5966d.jpg
cool little buttons that a brown but under blues they turn bright red
1stcorals009_zpsefd24fd5.jpg
1stcorals006_zps26692ecf.jpg
Eagle Eye's
1stcorals007_zpsf89add6f.jpg
Nice big green ones
1stcorals005_zpsa9a43988.jpg
1stcorals001_zps8257f4a1.jpg
1stcorals011_zps892b1c66.jpg
Bright green Frog Spawn
1stcorals003_zpsa2e2f324.jpg
Brown and yellow monti

It's orange and yellow. :)

The ones your say turn red are pink and golds.
The yellows are unknown.
Same with the greens.
The little green on green that glow. On the purple frag disc are dragon eyes.

The ones on the rock not photoed that also have some orange ones. Those are eagle eyes.

Zach, your coral in last pic is a Tubinaria sp most likely T. reniformis or T. peltata (Pagoda, Scroll Coral, Vase Coral) should get nice yellow growth and or polyps to it.

Cheers, Todd

True Todd! Good eye.
It is orange and had tons of yellow growth.
Can't wait to swing by again. Maybe without the munchkin. :)

Couple random pics
001-1_zps94c0f528.jpg

Left side of the tank
002-1_zps1cf8d50c.jpg

Right side

Tested the water today
pH 8.0
KH/Alk 7.7dKH/2.73 alk
CA above 500ppm
NH4 0.0ppm
NO2 0.0ppm
NO3 10.0ppm

Not much new with the tank, meeting up with another member Friday. Should be able to add the QT fish this weekend. They all are eating well and acting normal. Stopped by TJLs (Todd) tonight and checked out a very very nice tank with a ton of SPSs that I want!! Also asked alot of questions concerning LEDs. With this knowledge I think I may try building a new LED set-up for my tank. Thanks to all the members that have helped!! Can not wait till my tank can help me return the favor.

Some new pics of my tank! Thanks go out to Todd for a couple nice frags and letting me hang out and ask a buch of questions. Enjoy
fewcorals001_zps66642ffb.jpg

fewcorals002_zpse127f2ed.jpg

fewcorals003_zps2a56be33.jpg

fewcorals004_zps3911bc21.jpg

fewcorals005_zpsc03edd69.jpg

fewcorals006_zpsa2bae750.jpg

fewcorals007_zpse83525b7.jpg

fewcorals009_zps0877ec87.jpg

fewcorals010_zps7081938d.jpg

Nice! I'm glad the lil Birdsnests pieces made it OK after sitting out for an hour durring my 'Mad Fragging' event.

Cheers, Todd

Hey everyone. Tanks doing good. Need to get a tang soon though!! Met up with IPisces today at Red C and picked up some nice frags and some really cool elephant snails from her. Also go a couple nice frags from Red C. Didn't get alot of pics but here is a couple of the new frags.
newcorals2004_zps0ab0630d.jpg

newcorals2003_zps438ecf76.jpg
Purple polyps over a green backround ?
newcorals2002_zps80f5f4d7.jpg
Cool little hammer frag
newcorals2001_zps3050c7f8.jpg
Little guy that needs some love.

As always enjoy feedback and comments. Zach

I would like to get two young tangs. This is pushing it for a 90g, but already looking at upgrading in the coming year!! I like bristletooth tangs. Would like to find a White Tailed Kole and either a Square Tailed or Fiji Blue Eyed. Will probably settle on a Reagular Kole and a Tomonini if I can find a couple in the 3" range. This will be the only large fish in the tank. Next in size would be a multi-colored dwarf angle.

Update pleeeease with fish pics :D
I know you got some feeesshh
I wanna get a yellow eye bristle also.. Sounds like everythings coming together awesome for you

Haha thanks for the post will have to get some pics, maybe later tonight. Added my fish from QT yesterday and got the two spot (thanks SnoQ) and also found a white tail, yellow watchman with pistol, and a bonded pr of Bangii. They are all in QT right now. Made a order from Coralprps for some new SPS and a couple LPS.

Lastly ordered a couple Hydor Evo's for the tank. Will have both of them on Wavemaker A and the CL on Wavemaker B. Should allow me to get a surge motion in the tank.....will see. Also have to get some pics from the great frags from Todd, the Bird of Paradise is growing like mad. Close to 1/8" per tip over the last two weeks!!

Last edited:
Full shot, still need to adjust the position of the LEDs. These TaoTronics units have been a plesent surprise. Getting ready to order a DIY kit to get a better dispersion of light. The Gulf live rock has colored up nicly and the lace rock is starting to get some color other than green too it. I am getting a few isolated spots of red cyno that I am going to have to get ahead of shortly. The Two Spot is very happy with the alge growth on the right side of the tank. Lol
012_zps4ae3e149.jpg

Some really nice zo's from Todd. Loving those little Fire-N-Ice
011_zpsd644c69e.jpg

The Bird of Paradise frag from Todd. Really putting on a growth spurt and starting to make some new branch nodes!!
002-1_zps9eadbb03.jpg

Little Unknown frag from Red C that is loving its spot in the tank
009_zpsc848c573.jpg

Again sorry for the poor pics. Not sure how to correctly use Nicoled SLR. Not fast enough to get good fish pics either :(

Back