My "new" Aquapod 24 with 150w HQI lighting

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

One other - closer up....
clowns-1.jpg

Let's see...

I changed out the return pump with a maxi-jet 900. I used a Hydro Flo rotating deflector on the return side instead of the normal directional nozzle.

On the right hand side I took a 1 1/8" hole saw and drilled a hole at the same height at the return nozzle. I then installed a 1/2" bulkhead in that section and connected loc-line to it. On the sump side I placed a maxi-jet 900 there as well to create flow.

I took out all the filter media they sent with it and I am running an Aqua-C Nano Remora pump with a maxi-jet 1200 instead of the standard 900.

That is it.....oh yeah I'm running the Sunpod 150w 14k with a Phoenix DE bulb instead of the bulb that came with it.

Matt - I love the close up photo. I swear the female clown looks like she's smiling!

dude - what is going on w/ the rose bulb? are you injecting it with steriods or somethign? sheeesh. I know it has good genes, but didn't think they were that good ;)

P.S I got your IM too late the other day. You had already signed offline. Call me and I'll tell ya how i've done it in the past. :D

Guess it's time for an update...

Here is a new sun coral that I purchased from Scott @ Just Corals. It's just now starting to open up fully.

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

Hey Matt so the Tunze 9002 didnt work out? I know they fit but with the MJ900 you put in there that messed it up right? Do you think there is a way to still use a Tunze and a extra MJ900 like that? Im just getting ready to purchase a Aquapod and was wondering. How is that Aqua C working out? Can I get a shot of the back of your tank with the Remora on there if you wouldnt mind? Thanks Ryan

Hey Ryan,

Yeah, the 9002 did not fit and no way I could get it to fit without moving the bulkhead and the mj900 over. I'm sure there is a way to get it to fit but I had already drilled the bulkhead and didn't want to move it.

I sold the AquaC as it was just another item to clean. I'm going skimmerless as I do a large water change once a week so didn't see the need of the skimmer.

Thanks Matt. Yeah I think im gonna try this out with the Tunze 9002. See if I can get it setup right before I drill!! :) How big of water changes do you do weekly?

Going skimmerless I think is against Marks religion LOL :) Thanks for all the info. Later Ryan

Back