My new "cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Time for a few new shots of the tank and occupants, yeah, I'm still battling the bryopsis and it's time for a trim. I just couldn't resist trying out Tom's new camera, man that thing is nice...I must upgrade:D

Love the clam, tank is looking awesome! Man I keep looking at all of the ports for water flow, guess it still rocking, like the OM the way it is set-up?

Scooterman said:
Love the clam, tank is looking awesome! Man I keep looking at all of the ports for water flow, guess it still rocking, like the OM the way it is set-up?
Still very happy with the OM unit, needed to redirect and put some fans on, but still pretty much the way I started it.

krish75 said:
Da cube is still looking da bomb Todd!
Thanks Krish! If I could only get this bryopsis under control I could enjoy the tank so much more:rolleyes: With the addition of some great corals that I picked up from bigt it is really starting to look colorful in there...grow...grow, it will soon by a year old, and things are doing much better now. I just hate waiting for the growing:D

Well, I picked up one of the replacement lionfish today...he is a zebra lionfish, about three inches and already took some ghost shrimp today. I made a holding area for the new lions that is in the sump. It is made from an old sump (small one) that I drilled holes in and put it in the sump. This will allow me to wean new lions to frozen without having to be in the display. Here are a few terrible pictures of the little lion being acclimated, then in it's new temporary diggs.

Nice lion Todd! They have a display tank here in the Bahamas at Atlantis full of them. Everytime I go over there, I think of your tank. Thanks for sharing the pictures and since you are lion fish lover, here's a photo I took of the lionfish tank here in the Bahamas...

krish75 said:
Nice lion Todd! They have a display tank here in the Bahamas at Atlantis full of them. Everytime I go over there, I think of your tank. Thanks for sharing the pictures and since you are lion fish lover, here's a photo I took of the lionfish tank here in the Bahamas...

Wow! I want that tank! Now I have yet another reason to "Come to the Bahamas" (remember that commercial?:D )

Wow! I want that tank! Now I have yet another reason to "Come to the Bahamas" (remember that commercial? )

LOL...They have quite a few commercials. If you haven't seen it, check out the Atlantis thread I started up a while back in the water fountain. You'll see some amazing tanks that will get you over here in no-time(LOL) Here's the link if you haven't seen it... http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10546

Tank reached the one year mark today! Seen lots of ups and downs, but over all really starting to stabilize. The Zebra didn't make it past three days, was doing great, even started to take some frozen foods, then just dead. The Radiata and replacement Zebra should be in soon but I'm going to wait to take them home. Still have lots of spaces to fill in the tank but I'm in no big hurry right now, just want to let it all grow...and get rid of that @%$! bryopsis:evil:

DSCN4600Medium.jpg

DSCN4591Medium.jpg

DSCN4602Medium.jpg

DSCN4606Medium.jpg

DSCN4613Large.jpg

Todd - the tank is looking great! Can't wait to see the new fish when you get them in!

how much do the lionfish cost u i have looked at all your pics and seeing your tank cum so far it just makes me want to re aquuscape and rething what corals and do better lighting for it althought metal halide is good feel like im missing out with out having antinc florous plus i got a spare 3 foot waiting for 3 nice predator fish keep up the good work

Back