My new "cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

morgan said:
how much do the lionfish cost u i have looked at all your pics and seeing your tank cum so far it just makes me want to re aquuscape and rething what corals and do better lighting for it althought metal halide is good feel like im missing out with out having antinc florous plus i got a spare 3 foot waiting for 3 nice predator fish keep up the good work
The two (lionfish) I have coming are replacing the trade in Volitans that I brought to my local reef shop. I have the MH and a strip of T5 for the actinic.

thanx for replying but wanted to know how much the lionfish cost in dollars say if u hadent traded or ur original lionfish

Updates

Well it's been awhile since the heater incident...lost lots of corals, but on a more positive note I lost all the bryopsis now. That's right, it's all gone:D I have a few new additions as well, so here are a couple of shots of the new guys. I'm still waiting for the Radiata Lionfish, not giving up on lions! These new fish are totally an experiment, but I have seen many success stories with them, so I thought I would give them a try. The PBT didn't like his new tankmates so he is chilling out in the sump. I quess he spent too long by himself and totally decided the tank was his only. I hope to be able to reintroduce in a few more days without incident.:doubt:

DSCN4749_aMedium.jpg

DSCN4699_closeMedium.jpg

DSCN4743aMedium.jpg

Last edited:
RedEyeReef said:
Does that Racoon pick on your SPS or clam?
Keeping a very watchful eye on him, Dang has one that has been a model citizen so far, and ate all of his mojanos. Mine went right to work on an aptaisia. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Hey Todd,
Tank looks great! good luck with the copperband! I just wanted to say sorry for taking so long to return your cooler, but I did drop it off at Toms place the other day...

Keep the photos updated.

Matt

matts125 said:
Hey Todd,
Tank looks great! good luck with the copperband! I just wanted to say sorry for taking so long to return your cooler, but I did drop it off at Toms place the other day...

Keep the photos updated.

Matt
No problem Matt, I figured it would eventually make it's way back home. Hope it helped with the corals. CBB is doing great, he was at IR for some time so I figured he had a pretty good chance of survival. Now the Raccoon, that's a different story, he just came in so it will be hit or miss for hime even surviving let alone being a good reef citizen, there pretty much hit or miss.

Racoon gone, only took him a few days to start munching on the LPS. Wish I had Dang's luck with that Racoon, his is doing just fine and eats all of his mojanos. I have been able to reintroduce my PBT and she is now getting along quite well with the CBB. In addition to the success of getting the PBT back into the tank I have received my first Radiata Lionfish! He has been staying in the sump for the past week and doing great! Still now weened to frozen but doing great. Here are a few shots of the new arrival...

DSCN4766aMedium.jpg

DSCN4794aMedium.jpg

Here is a recent shot of the tank with the PBT and CBB together.
DSCN4788aMedium.jpg

DSCN4766aMedium.jpg

DSCN4794aMedium.jpg

You're killin me!!!

Love that fish!!! Who did you get it from?

Nick

Back