My new "cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey Todd,

Haven't been on in a long time, got down to Arizona and have become a work-a-holic. Planning on getting back into the hobby, not sure where I'm going to go tank size. I was thinking of building a 500 gallon, but then again a 4' x 3' x 2' sounds nice (just for the simplicity) :) The lionfish look awesome and the tank really came together!!! Congratulations. Hope all is well, continue to post more pics, really looks good.

Here's a few more of the skimmer today...it's coming along quite well. :D
DSCN3877_Web.jpg

DSCN3878_Web.jpg

Todd, I don't know if this has been asked or said yet, but while you guys were building this skimmer, did you have a temporary one hooked up? And if not, did you have any problems in your tank because of it?

bradreef said:
Wow nice skimmer. Looks like it is going to be a tank of the month soon.
The tank is coming along quite nicely now :D Maybe some day I can achieve a goal like that...need more growth...lots! Next project will probably be a calcium reactor to keep up with the calcium demands, man the corraline algae sure suck up the calcium :p

plumber_bob said:
Hey Todd,

Haven't been on in a long time, got down to Arizona and have become a work-a-holic. Planning on getting back into the hobby, not sure where I'm going to go tank size. I was thinking of building a 500 gallon, but then again a 4' x 3' x 2' sounds nice (just for the simplicity) :) The lionfish look awesome and the tank really came together!!! Congratulations. Hope all is well, continue to post more pics, really looks good.
Thanks Bobby! It has been a great challenge getting to this point, especially considering this was my first larger tank set up and first plumbing project :shock: Still keep my fingers crossed every day :oops:

Few updated shots. Lots of changes just recently, traded my volitans in for some dwarf lions, they will be coming in soon, and got a PBT from big T. The volitans were starting to get so big and just sit right on top of the purple and blue tipped corals, completely striping the tips...they had to go. I will miss my babies but the tank is after all an SPS tank, fish are secondary :badgrin: The PBT is doing great, five minutes in and he was already grubbing off the rocks. He is the only one in the tank right now so he is loving it. In addition to the PBT I also picked up some great corals from big T, these corals look awesome!

Your tank is looking amazing as always Todd! Really nice! Thanks for sharing the new photos...I wondered what you had been up to lately with the tank and there's my answer. Keep up the good work!:)

Looking good Todd!
How do you like the Long Spined Urchin? Notice any scratches on your tank because of it?
Nick

Lookin awesome DisturbedReefer love the PBT :)

I know the question wasn't directed at me Nick but I have a huge one and haven't noticed any scratches;)

Gee Todd the pics look great and all, but I don't think they are doing you justice. I will have to come see for myself...:D

cheeks69 said:
Lookin awesome DisturbedReefer love the PBT :)

I know the question wasn't directed at me Nick but I have a huge one and haven't noticed any scratches;)

Thanks Robert, I wasnt aware your tank is acrylic. I had one in my 58 gallon tank, and shipped him off to Nikki...who started complaining it was leaving scratches in tank.

Have you noticed it eating or chewing on any of your frags? Mine would get a little over eager while eating algae from time to time.

Nick

maxx said:
Thanks Robert, I wasnt aware your tank is acrylic. I had one in my 58 gallon tank, and shipped him off to Nikki...who started complaining it was leaving scratches in tank.

Have you noticed it eating or chewing on any of your frags? Mine would get a little over eager while eating algae from time to time.

Nick
Haven't had any problems here yet as well, I have two in there now for at least a few months+ no scratches that I haven't caused :p

Back