My new "cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I think a tank of the month would be a great idea, there are lots of us on here that post a lot more here than the other places and won't have the goods shown. Unless you got a famous tank like mojoreef, MntDewMan or kevinpo just to name a few off the top of my head ;)

Your tank looks great...nice growth, how old are those shots? I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and guess that the tank is glass due to the reflection inside and not a lot of plumbing. Your tank gives me some good ideas of how I want my rock, you have some great pieces there, what kind are they?

The very first pic was taken a couple of months ago the other 2 were taken today. My SPS is a purple rim a red and green caps a couple of acros and a couple of digi's and a hydno also a few Zoo's and some LPS and a couple of BTA's one that's supposed to be a rose that changed to pink and an orange tip.

No the hex is going away, after just buying a house and going through all that is needed for that I can only keep one running for now...now later :rolleyes: More cubes :exclaim: But the hex was fun, I don't think I could ever do a "regular" shaped tank, just too many other great shapes and possibilities with them :D

Got my CJStandpipe today, looking forward to finding out how well this works. The guy that makes them here
has several sizes available, I chose one of his 2" models.

I have a PFO pendant 250W MH with PC actinics, in addition I plan on using two 250W DE reef optix III plus pendants that I will purchase as I can. The two reef optix plus pendants will be on the sides of the PFO unit, no canopy is planned as of now, this could change later as my tastes change.

It's been awhile since I have had any opportunity to do anything related to the cube project. Today however, my buddy and I did get some of the stand frame done. I'm using 4x4's with lap joints all around, and following Trevor's plans (MarineDreamer). Here are a few pictures of the progress. It's starting to look like a stand...well, frame at least :p

Put the stand frame in the house and dry fitted the tank...so here is a shot of the tank in its future home. Still have lots to do, finish plumbing, skin the stand, etc, but its coming along. :D

That's pretty bro. I've been watching your progress with that cube and its coming along. Just curious, what kind of pump (also GPH) you gonna be using on that bad boy?

reeffan

My return pump for the sump will just be a PanWorld 100PX-MD40R External Water Pump - 790gph, but for the CLS I'm going with a Sequence ReeFlo Barracuda 3800gph ;) I'm pre plumbing everything for the CLS but I won't actually get it running until later...running out of money :cry: BTW I will be calling you sometime in the not so distant future for a calcium reactor and a few other things, love the skimmer and I've been trying to pimp your stuff every chance I get! Let me know when you get that website up so I can dirrect people to it, and link from my future website.

Last edited:
With way too much time on my hands waiting for my pump and the rest of the plumbing supplies to come in I started second guessing the design of my stand. The portion where the tank actually sits is only directly supported by 1/4 of the vertical 4x4 so I was concerned (paranoid) about it just coming on through...so I added two more legs all around :oops: If it fails now it is going to take the whole house with it :shock:

It calculates out to 134.6 so I'm going with 135g ;)
I'm just waiting on a few more plumbing parts and the Oceans Motions I just ordered the other day and I will get 'er fired up :cool: My Sequence Barracuda pump came in yesturday :D can't wait to get this bad boy fired up :badgrin:

Last edited:
Todd, What happened with your Hex stand that was taking quite some time to finish? This tank looks like it will turn out very nice. I might have to come by your new place and check it out before I move to Arizona...

Do you have any updated pictures of the Lion? I would love to see him...

Bobby

Back