My new "cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Scooterman said:
Nice Loin he is so cool man!

I added him to the display tonight, doing great so far, though I don't think many of my smallest emerald crabs will survive the new king of the tank. I was worried the PBT would start messing with him, but he hasn't even so much as gotten too close. I'll try getting some good pictures tomorrow night after work.

Hey Todd

dacube is coming along nicely! Sorry about the heater thing. What heater did you replace it with?? I'll get together with Fritz so we can set a time to come by and see it in person.

Now.........grow corals....I SAID GROW!:lol:

willie

tike666 said:
Hey Todd

dacube is coming along nicely! Sorry about the heater thing. What heater did you replace it with?? I'll get together with Fritz so we can set a time to come by and see it in person.

Now.........grow corals....I SAID GROW!:lol:

willie
Just let me know when you would like to stop by. Heaters are the cheap stealth ones (2x250w) now but they are hooked up to a Ranco controller.

Here are a few shots of the new lion after going into the display tank...

DSCN4803aMedium.jpg

DSCN4804aMedium.jpg

DSCN4802aMedium.jpg

I see people

Perhaps my eyes are playing tricks on me but back on page #2 of this thread, the pic. of the current hex tank, I see what resembles a dude wearing an orange sweater throwin his hands up in the air. He's on the left side. It's possible I just need more sleep tho. :|

oliver said:
Perhaps my eyes are playing tricks on me but back on page #2 of this thread, the pic. of the current hex tank, I see what resembles a dude wearing an orange sweater throwin his hands up in the air. He's on the left side. It's possible I just need more sleep tho. :|
You need more sleep dude:lol:

oliver said:

THats scary!

I'd rather have a sunken ship, but the demon raisin the roof is pretty cool too...

Tank is going through a low due to flatworm and redbug infest. I lost almost all of my SPS so I ended up just taking the last remaining SPS out. I'm going to try starving them out and starting all over with SPS. When I do start over though I will be running a new calcium reactor that I will be building so I hope to be doing it right. My LPS and zoa are doing great though and the second Radiata has been placed into the cube. I'll try to get some pixs up soon so I can get some pre SPS and post SPS shots. The two Radiatas are doing great together. The other two tank mates the CBB and PBT are still doing great and eat like pigs. Pixs soon I promise;)

Ed Hahn said:
Todd,
That sucks, Are you going to do Flat Worm exit and interceptor?

Ed, if Todd is referring to the acro eating flatworms, the Flatworm exit won't work on them. With redbugs, as long as the tank is acro free for about a week, you should be good to go. I'd wait at least a month to 6 weeks though for the acro eating flatworms (eggs hatching and young dying).

I have a thread going in the advanced topic area on QT for acro eating flatworms. I fear these more than redbugs. Nasty things that are nearly impossible to see unless the coral is in really bad shape.

Back