My new "cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

That's insane!!!! My reactor is about an 8 by 3 bottle of 2 part B-Ionic that is contolled by yours truely! One squirt here and one squirt there:p Very nice again Todd...Thanks for sharing:)

So do you have that reactor dialed in yet? That is the last thing I need to get for my tank. my PH has been running high lately so I was hoping I could balance it out with a CA reactor.

It seems to be a bit sporadic right now so I need to have Tom come check it out and see if he can make any adjustments to get it going right. Its working just not a steady drip like Tom's.

Todd! Great thread!!! It was a long process, but i read through it all......... and I will have to admit you have quite the story with this tank! It was a pleasure seeing it in real life though, then being able to see the setup through this thread! Keep up the good work, as it will definitly continue to pay off......

tanner g.

PS - when that bonzai or nana or PPE's grows out and your feeling finicky enough to frag it, lemme know, as id love to take some off your hands!

So do you have that reactor dialed in yet? That is the last thing I need to get for my tank. my PH has been running high lately so I was hoping I could balance it out with a CA reactor.

We did some modification to the intake tube (put a ball valve in place) and it is working like a charm!

Todd! Great thread!!! It was a long process, but i read through it all......... and I will have to admit you have quite the story with this tank! It was a pleasure seeing it in real life though, then being able to see the setup through this thread! Keep up the good work, as it will definitly continue to pay off......

tanner g.

PS - when that bonzai or nana or PPE's grows out and your feeling finicky enough to frag it, lemme know, as id love to take some off your hands!

It really puts things into perspective being able to read the ins and outs of setting up a tank. Thanks for taking the time to read through, I know how hard that is being in school. I'll keep you in mind when the time comes around.;)

Well i just moved to Terre Haute Indiana from Kansas City Missouri With the job.. I love the fuzzy dwarf lion fish. I have been waiting for over a month now to get my lion. I have the leaf scorpion fish the smaller of the group.

Ok, ok, here is the best I can do for now. Things are really starting to make a major turn around. Got lots of great corals from Tom and a new Chevron Tang as well. Yellow fuzzy dwarf lionfish is doing great also. So here are a "few" shots from today.

DSC_1925Medium.jpg

DSC_1887Medium.jpg

DSC_1881Medium.jpg

DSC_1873Medium.jpg

DSC_1964Medium.jpg

DSC_1965Medium.jpg

DSC_1990Medium.jpg

DSC_2126Medium.jpg

I'm having a bit of trouble with Hair Algae and Bryopsis again, but the corals are growing and looking good...so who cares about the minor algae problems. I already know I can whip it so I'm not sweating it.

Last edited:
Hey Todd YOur tank looks great man!
you know my reef use to have a lot of hair algea as well and it seems as if when the algea was there the corals thrived, opened biiger and grew faster. when I cured my algea problem the corals didnt seem to grow and open as much any more..
I wouldn't know why that would be, maybe just coincedence?

Matt

Paul said the same thing (PaulB). When he had an algae bloom, corals did better! Don't sweat it Todd...Your tank looks like a real reef with a bit of algae on it. I live in the Bahamas and have never seen a spotless clean reef;)

Tank looks great!:)

Back