New 12"x12"x12" sps cube!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
update on the pico:
Light is installed. Its a 3watt single blue LED. 470nm running at 260mA. Its mounted to a cpu heatsink. I also added an overflow. The pump in there is some small pump from a freshwater filter.

Total cost of the pico with light and circulation: 8.47$

As for my nano... everything is good except that I'm getting my algae bloom right now. So I just purchased a couple astrea snails in hopes of taking some of the edge off the algae.

dang fish police lol all over the place. clowns look good tank looks good nothing wrong with the clowns in the tank. all these fish came from an ocean and we put them in enclosed systems all day everyday. but noone complains about that. I personally think it is funny. all these rules and regulations lol. your system looks good none the less with or with out the clowns lol

haha i know right!? I posted this project on nano-reef and no one had yet to mention that the tank is too small for clowns..

anyways...

I decided that my stand I have right now is far too ugly/short/stacked with all my mom's sh*t, so I built a new one.. total cost: 3.99 for bottle of wood glue, everything else I had! :D

notice the floating items on the bottom rack.. hahaha

Just picked up some new frags today, I got a piece of my old sunset monti (after being chopped up and passed around for 3 years.. haha), a THICK piece of oregon tort, a GIANT piece of miyagi tort and also a nice frag of tyree's ponape setieatopa (ponape birdsnest)

pics to come tomorrow after I get home from work.

Bottom Half
IMG_6189.jpg

Right side
IMG_6184.jpg

FTS
IMG_6179.jpg

Better picture of the blue-green acro...
IMG_6176.jpg

Thanks man!

Heres a fts with halides and actinics... still REALLY yellow... I'm going to grab a much bluer bulb.
IMG_6198.jpg

I also noticed that since my skimmer is dumping bubbles into my tank, placing the powerhead where it is now, makes it look like there arent that many bubbles. The original position made it so that the powerhead was blowing bubbles so that they broke on the glass... making it look like there are a sh*t ton of them everywhere.

Current livestock:

2x semi snowflake clowns
1x fighting conch
3x nassarius snails
4x astrea snails

10x pounds of LR
1x pound of LS

Oregon tort
Setosa
Neon green stylo
Neon green birdsnest
Blue-green acro
Sunset monti
Reverse sunset monti
Miyagi tort
Garf bonsai
Rainbow monti
Punani Birdsnest
Blue stag

Hammer.... (trying to sell....)

Last edited:
Here are some updates on the Pico:

Pico fts: 6-29-10 New rockscape as well, I need to get a 40 degree optic for that LED:
Picofts.jpg

Pico heat tape:
Picoheat.jpg

Pico control box, the knob directly controls the temperature of the water (no thermostat) and the switch controls the light, simple on-off:
PicoAdjustment.jpg

I'll post a fts shot of the nano tonight as well as a video of the DIY magnetic pump.

Just added:

Granulosa Acro
20k leagues Acro
ORA Hawkins Blue Echinata Acro

Pics later when they color up :) Thanks Thang for the frags. Hopefully that echinata will heal

I also redid the rocks and took out one 2 pound piece to accomodate for more corals.. haha. Theres still room for maybe 3 more frags....

yep, of course it would be me...the fish lorax...lol

and dude, im all about doing things for cheap...
on my 20g nano, there isnt one stick of gear more than $225, and that's the skimmer. and the way i have my LED's ziptied together... my thread should be called ghetto nano II, not uber nano II. I just found it ironic that you hemmed and hawed over cheap gear for a month or so then blew your wad on a pair of clowns which had to be over $200. nothing wrong with spending money on livestock, but most people prefer to increase the quality of the system before they do this. i mean, you could have bought a 25g cube from arsa for like $129 or something, put that light and skimmer on there and had 3 times more room...just sayin...not that my opinion really matters about your nano anyway... i dont ask that people care what i think...lol

do your clown fish cook or something... how the hell could they be over two hundie for a pair of clowns... even if they danced and talked i couldnt imagine them being more then 180.00 and how do you say he is on the cheap but then u blow 225 on a skimmer....if that is on the ghetto cheap, holy chit im on super insano bum in a van down by the river cheap...

lol ^

but yes my clowns were 110 each. and no they dont cook. they look at me though when i walk by :p

I have to move this thing next Wednesday to seattle! wish me luck, i have a pretty good strategy so hopefully no casualties.

everything is growing great right now, i not randomly dose a pipette of randy's akl supp every weekend, seems to keep things happy, and i do a water change every 3 weeks because when i do a WC, it comes out to about 440ppm ca, and drops 20ppm every week. works great!

I really need to post up some new pictures. I will tomorrow!

I just added another powerhead for a total of.... 905gph inside my little cube. I'm also having a little bit of a cyano problem. I just added some flow, and am planning to buy some phosphate absorber (pads?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back