New Project 120

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Dieselbreath

Lost in the salty water
Recently picked up a 120 acrylic tank, painted oak stand/ hood. 30 gal sump,and the rest of the goodies. Below are some pics of the progress of stripping the wood back to natural, drilling the tank for closed loop, and other steps along the way.

Jason

Tried to upload photos but they are too large. Anyone know how to adjust the size from about 600k down to the max 100k.

Jason

Jason,

What I do, is go to www.photobucket.com... create a FREE acount, then upload your pictures there. Then, you insert the link to those pictures here in your post.

Looking forward to seeing the progress of your new setup guy! *smile*

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e96/Dieselbreath/P1010003.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e96/Dieselbreath/P1010001.jpg

Pics from last night. The hood and stand have been stripped of the beautiful black paint. The combo has been refinished with just some detail work left to do. The doors should be finished this weekend. The tank has also been filled with water, rock and sand.

Also prior to filling I drilled the tank with 2 drains and 4 returns for a closed loop system. Currently watching for a deal on a dolphin 2700-3000 pump to run the C.L. I will get some more photos, of the plumbing and some of the detail in the tank.

Let me know if you guys and gals have any input positive or negative.

Thanks Jason

Jason,

1000% improvement on the tank/stand guy!!!! I've always been a fan of beautiful wood, being seen, not painted over! NICE WORK!!!!!

Very nice indead. I'm impressed at how that system looks now. Good looking sand...sand blasting sand? Remember, with that sand, you'll want to be aware of fish that like to dig, (some clowns, triggers) because they make a mess. Nice looking closed loop too.
Did that rock cycle at all?

Travis

Awesome Jason! What are your plans for inhabitants?

Not to sure on the total plan of inhibitants. At this point there is just a mated pair of clowns.

Jason

So what do you reccomend for M/H lighting. Currently there are (4) 46.5" VHO's one of them being actinic.

Everything looks really nice Jason! You've done a great job on setting everthing up! Best of luck to ya!

Oh BTW, here's another free link you can use to upload your photos if you want. www.imageshack.us You don't necessarily have to post a link that everyone would have to click on. You can just post the photos and they can be pretty much as big as you want like this...

For lighting, are you wanting to keep SPS or anemones? If so, then I'd upgrade to MHs.

anemones, leathers(?), open and closed brain's, shrooms, zoos, hammerhead, pollops, etc.

Well today I picked up a couple more fish, to go along with my mated clowns. The new fish are a Flame Angel, Sunrise Dottyback, and a Orange Shoulder Tang. These were all picked up at Denny's Pet World. I still don't know much about the fish so I had to take someones word on compatability. The Flame is all over the tank. The Dotty is hiding for the most, and the Tang comes out of hiding for a quick dash down the front of the tank.

Let me know what you folks think,

Jason

Sounds like a nice group of fish you have. Let us know how they do after they've had a chance to acclimate to their surroundings. The Dottyback may hide for a bit, but watch to see that it is eating.

Back