New Scavenger Hunt Contest!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krish

RF STAFF
Without A Moment To Spare!!!

REEF FRONTIERS is at it again working along with our very own KEVIN POCKELL of AQUATIC DREAMS to bring you our FIRST SCAVENGER HUNT CONTEST!!!!!

Rules Of The Game
This game is as simple as it gets!! Everyone can play and nobody will have an advantage over the other so it's fair game for all!! :) What will happen is every other day, Kevin will put an "@" symbol somewhere on his website and it will be up to you to search throughout Kevin's website (found by clicking on his banner above), finding the "@" symbol and then quickly heading over to the game thread found in the link below and state where the symbol was placed and that's it! We will continue to update post number 2 of the game thread after each correct answer comes in posting the name of the member that got that point. At the end of the contest, we will go back and tally up all of the points and the one with the most points wins the game!!Disclaimer: Keep in mind that the "@" symbol found in Kevin's email address on his website does not count!

Now on to the prize!!! :rockon: You will see by what's up for grabs that Kevin has a generous heart which should not come as a shock to anyone who knows Kevin :). Kevin has dedicated many long years of his time to this forum being a member here since 2003. Not only is he our resident SPS Specialst, but in addition to this, Kevin is a sponsor of this forum, an RF Staff member and also a great kind hearted friend who is a huge asset to RF. I'd say he is probably one of the most versatile members we have here at RF and so for that we say, "Thank You!" to Kevin for all that he has done to contribute to this forum over the years!! :hail: :clap2:

So, back to the prize...Or should I say "Prizes":D. If you look below, you will see a nice long wonderful list of first class frags Kevin has offered up to the winner. No...You don't have to pick just one of these as I did say Kevin was very generous!;) You will have your pick at any 6 of these with a retail value of about $29.99 each which if you do the math, equates to about a $200.00 value!!! :eek: According to Kevin, these frags will multi-branch in the 5-6" size!!

Your Choice picks!

Antheila
Acropora florida
A. formosa
A. millepora
A. Tenuis
Montipora (purple rim cap)
Montipora digitata (green)
M. digitata (orange)
Euphyllia glabrescens (torch)
Seriatopora Hystrix (sharp pointed bird's nest)
Seriatopora caliendrum (blunt pointed bird's nest)
Seriatopora guttatus
Pachyclavularia violacea (green star polyps)
Xenia elongata
Xenia umbellata (pom pom Xenia)
Zoanthid (dragon eye)
Duncanopsammia (green)
Montipora (superman)
Montipora (Idaho purple grape)
Capnella (Kenya tree)

Now that we have gotten your attention, keep your web browser locked on to AQUATIC DREAMS and look out for that "@" symbol and let's find ourself a WINNER!!!

The contest will end September 30th

Contest Forum Section
Contest thread found HERE

This post will be used to keep a tally of who found each "@" symbol when it goes up every other day. I will edit this post as the symbols are found with the members username. :)

(1) akunochi (Sep 5th)

(2) YamahaF934 (Sep 7th)

(3) Charlypooh (Sep 8th)

(4) akunochi (Sep 10th)

(5) scampy (Sep 11th)

(6) chrisdaphish (Sep 12th)

(7) scampy (Sep 13th)

(8) scampy (Sep 15th)

(9) scampy (Sep 19th)

(10) eww (Sep 19th)

(11) scampy (Sep 23rd)

(12) eww (Sep 24th)

(13) scampy (Sep 25th)

(14) eww (Sep 26th)

(15) eww (Sep 28th)

(16) eww (Sep 30th)

(17) eww (Sep 30th)

Last edited:
You are quick Seth!!! That looks like it to me!! :D

For now, until Scooty can get this forum's threads to show up on the homepage, you will have to continue to check back or subscribe to this thread as it won't be bumped back to the home page until then. Also, how Seth provided a link to the page is the way to go. This way we can verify each attempt. Also, the symbols will go up at random times. COuld be some nights, could be some days early...No-one will know so keep checking back to Kevin's website. :)

You are quick Seth!!! That looks like it to me!! :D

For now, until Scooty can get this forum's threads to show up on the homepage, you will have to continue to check back or subscribe to this thread as it won't be bumped back to the home page until then. Also, how Seth provided a link to the page is the way to go. This way we can verify each attempt. Also, the symbols will go up at random times. COuld be some nights, could be some days early...No-one will know so keep checking back to Kevin's website. :)

I'll know...via email

Question since i am blocked from this site at work and posting links a pain from my phone can we list a specific location like I did above.

IE Link under business link or 600 gal tank under 3rd photo etc.

Nice to see another contest going so quickly! :D
Thanks for getting it on the home page!!!! :D

Question since i am blocked from this site at work and posting links a pain from my phone can we list a specific location like I did above.

IE Link under business link or 600 gal tank under 3rd photo etc.

That should be fine if it is specific enough. Don't go saying it's on that page on the website next to the green thing by the white one :p

#2 under business links
Links - Aquatic Dreams
MY bad...lol...that must be the first one:doh:

:rofl: And then there was Scampy :rofl:

Last edited:
Very cool idea, I'm gonna have to try really hard to get in on this one and get on the board. :lol:

Cheers,
Alex

I'm so winning this....I;ve gone on a sleep strike and constantly refresh all the pages in different tabs.

LOL i looked and didnt see a @ sign on any of the pages seth! I think its a matter of random here...who knows when he will post it on his site! I need u to sleep...if ur gonna be drilling my tank! :sleep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back